Purpose: This is a guide on how to create a return without printing a physical label. Buyers returning items in the return portal have the option to select a normal label (to print) or a label-free option.
Why support no-printing returns?
Below is a list of common reasons to support paperless returns:
- Statistics show that fewer households own a printer
- The importance of green delivery is growing rapidly
- Paperless return labels are easier for your customer
- DHL DE - direct contract
- DHL NL
Enable paperless returns
- Go to Returns via the settings in your Sendcloud panel
- At Return method, select At a drop-off point - Print at home
- Under Enabled carriers select preferred carrier
How customers can create a paperless return
If your customers have a service point within 10km they will find labelless return as one of the options in the return portal.
Your customer can select No printer needed or Print at home.
When shipping with DHL DE, the customer will receive a QR code, this will work the same as a label and can be shown at Drop-off point. The customers receive a Tracking email, attached to the email there will be their QR code.
When it comes to DHL NL, the customer will not just receive a QR code but also a code they'll need to write on the shipment.
- Are all DHL and PostNL service points supporting this method?
- Yes, all DHL service points support paperless returns.
- Are Lockers also supporting this?
- Yes, lockers also support DHL paperless returns.
- In the future, will Sendcloud implement paperless returns with more carriers and countries?
- Yes, we have first tested paperless returns with DHL DE and are now expending to DHL NL and soon PostNL. More carriers and countries might follow.
- Can my users choose to print a label?
- Yes, within the return portal your users can select No printer needed or Print at home.