Purpose: Tracking notifications are an effective way to increase customer satisfaction, this will increase your chances of getting repeat sales. Even more important: because the customer feels informed, you will receive fewer questions and higher customer satisfaction. How do you handle this? In this article, we give you a number of tips to automate your Track & Trace process.
Track & Trace emails
As a webshop owner, you want to reduce the time spent on answering shipping status questions. By activating your personalised Track & Trace page in your Sendcloud panel and sending email notifications with every step of the shipping process, your customers are informed and confident that their shipment is on the way.
When will you give your customers a heads-up?
With the help of our Track & Trace emails, it is possible to send notifications to your customers at different times. In the overview below you will find the 4 most common moments to give your customers a status update.
- Ready to send: This message will be sent when the label is printed within the Sendcloud panel.
- En route: This message will be sent when the shipment receives the first physical scan from the carrier (most chosen option).
- Ready for pick-up: This (optional) message is sent when the package is ready for collection at the service point.
- Delivered: This message will be sent when the shipment has been successfully delivered.
- Label created: This message is sent when the label is created within the Sendcloud panel.
- Handed in at Drop-Off: This message is sent out when the package has been returned to the selected service point.
- Return received: This message is sent out when the package has been returned to you (the webshop owner) .
Find out how to set up and customize your Track & Trace emails in this article!
Tracking emails as a marketing tool
We will give you some tips to get the most out of personalizing your tracking emails.
Make sure you add your logos to the emails to stay top of mind with your customers. But there's more:
- Add a personal note to your tracking emails or tracking page
- Increase repeat sales by adding a discount code
- Add your social media links to stay connected with your customers
- Customer reviews are essential for any online shop. Add a button in your last tracking e-mail asking if your customers want to leave a review
- When the shipment has been delivered, send some additional product information by email or set up a nice personal promotion for a possible upsell
A personalized tracking page
Extend the shopping experience by customizing your tracking page. Customers will visit the tracking page multiple times to check the status of their shipment. This creates the perfect opportunity to use your personalized tracking page to stay top of mind and increase the number of repeat purchases.
Find out more about setting up your own tracking page here.
For further questions, please contact us via the contact form within your Sendcloud panel.