Purpose: Learn how you can download packing slips or picking lists in Sendcloud. You can use these in combination with Pack & Go to easily process orders in your warehouse, either by hand or with a barcode scanner.
The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here.
How do I print a picking list or a packing slip?
- Select your orders: To download a packing slip or picking list, select the order or multiple orders you want to create the document for using the tick boxes on the left hand-side of the Incoming orders view in your Shipping tab.
- Print your document: Click on the blue dropdown menu Create labels and select Print packing slip or Print picking list.
How to generate a picking list or a packing slip when the order has already been processed
Even if you have already created the labels, you can still print the packing slips and picking lists. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Incoming orders view and click +Add filter
- Select Processing status and then Already processed
- Select the order/s by checking the box next to them
- Click the arrow next to "Create" to open a drop-down menu and select Packing slips, Picking lists or both
- Click Create
- Confirm that you want to proceed
A packing slip is a document you can include in the box when you pack an order that lists the products, SKUs (Stock Keeping Units) and quantities of a single order. Packing slips will also show your Brand logo if you have configured one, and the sender address.
If you select multiple orders, the packing slips will be printed on A4 (click here to see how to select your printing preferences) for each order selected, or downloaded on individual pages of a combined PDF page.
The example below shows a packing slip as printed for a single order, including: your brand logo; barcode; sender address; ship to address; the selected shipping method; the SKU and product names included in the order, and the quantities.
A picking list is an internal document which shows the products, quantities and SKUs of items included in multiple orders. They are particularly useful if you have a large storageroom or a warehouse, and one or more dedicated picker and packers who need to efficiently and time effectively process multiple orders a day.
If the SKU and the EAN number for a barcode are the same, only the EAN number will be shown, and the SKU number will be missing. This is intended in order to avoid repeating the same information twice, as the EAN number can take up a number of characters.
The picker/packer can print the picking list and use it to collect the required products and quantities for multiple orders at once. Once collected, the products can be taken to your packing area and divided into individual orders, ready for shipping.
The below example shows a picking list where three orders were selected:
Whether you choose to pack individual orders based on packing slips, or process multiple orders at once with a picking list, both of these documents contain a barcode which can be used in conjunction with a barcode scanner.
- Our packing and picking barcodes are unique and are automatically generated internally.
- For Pack & Go, you may create a barcode representing the order number, the system will recognize the order number and will find the matching order in your queue.
- We use numeric-only barcodes (also known as 128-type barcodes).
Picking list settings
You can change your picking list settings by going to Settings > Printer settings. You can select the printer you want to dedicate to printing your picking lists and various other settings:
Picking list configuration: what do you want to show?
- Show both summary and list of orders
- Show item summary page only
- Show list of orders only
Sort by: what order you want your products to show up in?
- Item name
Hide: you can hide your SKU and/or EAN if you don't want them to show