Returns are an unfortunate process you cannot avoid as an online retailer. Returning a package is often considered a time-consuming and tedious process, but did you know that offering a well-implemented return policy can actually increase conversions and customer satisfaction?
Using SendCloud's automatic return options, both you and your customer can process returns hassle free!
Process return shipments with SendCloud
Our return portal is full of benefits that will help make your return process more efficient:
- Clear overview: In our returns-overview, you can see all shipments that have a created return. You can even track the status of these packages. This way, you know exactly when your package arrives.
- Print return labels easily: You don't have manually create each return. Customers can automatically create their returns, so all they have to do is print the label and bring their package to the selected location.
- Automatic Track & Trace: You can use the customizable track & trace emails to inform your customers about the status of their return.
- More orders: Communicate the possibilities for returning shipments clearly on your website. For example in the footer of your website. When your customers know upfront that they can easily return an order if needed, it will make them more comfortable ordering at your webshop and thus will help increase conversion.
Want to find out more about our return portal? Read in this article about setting up and activating the portal!
Manually creating returns.
It is also possible to manually create a label for a return shipment:
- Add your client's address details to your sender addresses in your SendCloud panel. To do this, go to 'Settings' -> 'Addresses' -> 'Sender addresses'.
- Create a manual shipment. To do this, go to 'Send' in the top left of your panel and then click on 'New shipment'.
- Select the address data of this customer as the sender address at the top left and enter your own address data when creating the label.
- Create the label and send this shipping label as a PDF file to your customer so that they can physically place it on their shipment.
- After creating and sending this label, we advise you to remove your customer's return address from your settings! This is to prevent mistakes in the future.