Find out how to easily connect your WooCommerce shop with SendCloud and how to set your shipping methods.
You don't need any development skills and you can do it in less than 5 minutes by following the next steps.
Connect your shop
1. First of all, go to your WooCommerce back-end. Click on the tab 'Plugins' > 'Add New', type 'SendCloud' in the search bar and install the plug-in. You need to make sure it is well activated.
2. Click on the tab 'WooCommerce' > 'Settings'. A new tab entitled 'SendCloud' has appeared at the top-right. Click on it, and click on 'Connect with SendCloud'.
Congratulations! Now your WooCommerce shop is connected to SendCloud and the orders can be processed via 'Incoming orders'.
Set your shipping methods
To be able to use SendCloud, it is important to have shipping methods configured (or to create them if you do not have them yet).
To create your shipping methods, go to 'WooCommerce' > 'Settings'.
- Shipping zones allow you to differentiate between, for example, domestic shipments and international shipments, allowing you to apply a different pricing policy per zone.
- Shipping methods allow a customer to choose between different shipping options.
Note: the shipping zones and shipping methods will determine the customer facing options and pricing. These do not influence the pricing or shipping methods on the SendCloud platform.
When adding a new shipping method, you have to select one type of method:
- Fixed rate/Package: method for which you can add a unique delivery fee
- Free delivery: grant the delivery for free to your customers
- Point-of-sale: shop pick-up
In the event of a "Fixed rate/Package" method, you will see the form below.
- You can set a delivery fee, which will be charged to your customer.
- Offer a weight-based price is not possible by default on WooCommerce: You will need to install an additional plug-in from the "Plug-in/Extensions" tab (Table Rate, Flexible Shipping or Weight-based Shipping for instance).
- You also have the possibility to set a fee for a "delivery class" (for instance light products or heavy products). You previously need to have the related delivery classes created in the tab WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Delivery Class. You can then set the price in the last field below.
If you are experiencing problems to connect your webshop to SendCloud, you can check our entire troubleshooter section for help.
Feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or from your SendCloud account create a new ticket from the 'Support' section and select 'Questions about a webshop integration' as type of support.