Find out how to easily connect your WooCommerce shop with Sendcloud and how to set your shipping methods. You don't need any coding skills and you can do it in less than 5 minutes by following these easy steps.
Connect your shop
1. First of all, go to your WooCommerce back-end, which is your Wordpress dashboard. Click on the tab Plugins > Add New and type Sendcloud in the search bar.
3. Click on the tab WooCommerce > Settings. A new tab entitled Sendcloud has appeared at the top-right. Click on it, and click on Connect with SendCloud.
Congratulations! Now your WooCommerce shop is connected to Sendcloud and the orders can be processed via Incoming orders.
Set up your shipping zones
To be able to use Sendcloud, it is important to have shipping zones configured (or to create them if you do not have them yet).
1. Create your shipping zone, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
Shipping zones allow you to differentiate between, for example, domestic shipments and international shipments, allowing you to apply a different pricing policy per zone. They also allow a customer to choose between different shipping options.
Note: You decide the shipping zones, the shipping methods, and how much your customer pays for the options you offer. Shipping zones do not influence the pricing on the Sendcloud platform.
2. When adding a new shipping method, you have to select one type of method:
- Fixed rate: Set a unique delivery fee
- Free delivery: Grant a free delivery for your customers
- Local pickup: Customers will pick up the order themselves
In the event of a Fixed rate method, you will see the form below.
- You can set a delivery fee, which will be charged to your customer.
- Offer a weight-based price is not possible by default on WooCommerce: You will need to install an additional plug-in from the Plug-in/Extensions tab (Table Rate, Flexible Shipping or Weight-based Shipping for instance).
- You also have the possibility to set a fee for a "delivery class" (for instance light products or heavy products). You first need to have the related delivery classes created in the tab WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Delivery Class. You can then set the price in the last field below.
If you are experiencing problems to connect your webshop to Sendcloud, you can check our entire troubleshooter section for help.
Feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or from your Sendcloud account create a new ticket from the 'Support' section and select 'Questions about a webshop integration' as type of support.