Purpose: Learn how to create your own branded Track & Trace page for your customers to land on when they click the tracking number in your Track & Trace email notifications.
Watch our video tutorial on how to create your brand and set up your Track & Trace page:
Step 1: Personalize your Track & Trace pages by adding your brand
It all starts with setting up your brand. Click here to read our article on how to create a brand in the Sendcloud platform. Once you've created a brand, the logo and brand colours associated with it will be displayed on your Track & Trace page.
If you have multiple webshops, you can assign different brands and T&T pages to each of them to ensure a fully brand immersed customer journey across your product range.
Step 2: Select a design
You can create a Track & Trace page per each individual brand you have created. Select the brand you want to create a page for from the drop down menu.
The Track & Trace page will display the logo of the carrier handling the parcel an an animation indicating where the parcel is during the delivery journey. You can optionally turn the animation on or off depending on your preference.
The colour displayed is based on your brand colours.
Step 3. Change the layout and add extra options
You can determine the design of the Track & Trace page by selecting from one of four options:
- Standard: Timeline of your parcel & parcel information.
- Instagram post + branding banner:Parcel information, plus you can feature an Instagram post to drive social media engagement, alongside a promotional banner highlighting your current campaign.
- Instagram post: Highlight an Instagram post alongside Track & Trace information.
- Branding banner: Add a promotional branding banner alongside the Track & Trace information.
Step 4: Preview your Track & Trace page
Satisfied with the design of your page? Click the Preview button to see how your page will appear to your customers.
Step 5: Publish your page
Don't forget to click Save draft to save your progress while designing your page layout. Your page won't be visible to your customers until you click on Publish to activate it.
Tip: Promotional banners
If you chose a page layout which allows adding a promotional banner, you can either create one using our branding banner designer or upload your own.
Using a banner ad on your Track & Trace page is a effective method for brand building and/or launching new products and/or services. The banner can also be used to offer a discount code for future purchases.
What are the options of customizing your branding banner?
- Setting the background color or background image
- Add a banner ad link
- Write a title
- Write a short text underneath the title
- Button with a call to action
- Text position
- Banner only (horizontal): 700 px (w) x 360 px (h)
- Banner + Instagram (vertical): 360 px (h) x 700 (w)
Tip: Instagram widget
If you have an active social media presence and want to encourage customers to follow your pages, you can add our Instagram widget to your Track & Trace page. Not only is this feature very suitable for brand building, but you can highlight a campaign, promotion or new product range via your Instagram feed.
Make sure your post is set to public so non-followers can see the post. Slideshows and videos aren't supported, and only a single post can be featured.
How to update the Instagram widget
If you have already connected your Instagram account to the Instagram widget in your Sendcloud platform, we have recently released an updated version of the widget which we suggest you enable. The old version of the Instagram widget will be removed by the end of the year (2020.)
To update to the new latest version, simply click the "switch now" button in Settings > Track & Trace page. You will then be prompted to login to your Instagram account to authorize the connection. When you have logged in using your Instagram username and password, you can select which photo in your feed you wish to highlight. You will be shown a preview, where you can choose a post to feature and press select post to confirm.
- If I switch to the new widget, can I go back using the old widget? No. Once you have switched to the new widget it won’t be possible to regress to the old version.
- I can’t connect Instagram, what can I do? You might be using an ad blocker. If an ad blocker is active, we won’t be able to load posts in your widget and to connect your Instagram account. Remember to always disable your ad blocker when you want to edit the content of your widget and when you would like to connect an (new) account.
- Until when the old widget will stay active? We advise you to switch to the new version as soon as possible. We will deprecate the old version by the end of the year.
- Are videos and multiple photos posts available in this version of the widget? Unfortunately, the API does not support these features.