Purpose: In this article, we give you a number of tips to automate your Tracking process.
The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here
As a web shop owner, you want to reduce the time spent on answering shipping status questions. By activating your personalized Tracking page in your Sendcloud panel and sending email notifications with every step of the shipping process, your customers are informed and confident that their shipment is on the way.
Tracking SMS notifications
Go the extra mile for your customers by enabling SMS tracking notifications. Your customer will receive a text message whenever their parcel reaches a delivery milestone. You can decide which milestones trigger a message to be sent, so you can customize your customer's shipping experience from beginning to end.
When will you give your customers a heads-up?
With the help of our Tracking emails and SMS notifications, it's possible to send notifications to your customers at different stages of the shipping journey. Choose from any combination of the statuses below to trigger your SMS and email notifications.
Tracking messages for Shipping
- Ready for shipment: This message will be sent when the label is printed within the Sendcloud panel.
- Out for delivery: This message will be sent when the shipment receives the first physical scan from the carrier (most chosen option).
- Delayed: This message will be sent when the carrier indicates that the delivery moment is delayed.
- Ready for pick-up: This (optional) message is sent when the package is ready for collection at the service point.
- Delivered: This message will be sent when the shipment has been successfully delivered.
- Label created: This message is sent when the label is created within the Sendcloud panel. The return label will be sent to the customer as an attachment to this message. Make sure to activate tracking emails in your integration settings and in the tracking messages page so that this email is sent. Read our FAQs on Label Creation for more information.
- Handed in at Drop-Off: This message is sent out when the package has been returned to the selected service point.
- Return received: This message is sent out when the package has been returned to you (the web shop owner).
Tracking messages for Post-purchase emails
Sendcloud offers the option to send a post purchase email - 7 days after the delivery email - to your customers. You can use this template to ask for reviews, share advice or resources about the product, offer discount codes etc.
Tracking emails as a marketing tool
We will give you some tips to get the most out of personalizing your tracking emails.
Make sure you add your logos to the emails to stay top of mind with your customers. But there's more:
- Add a personal note to your tracking emails or tracking page
- Increase repeat sales by adding a discount code
- Add your social media links to stay connected with your customers
- Customer reviews are essential for any online shop. Add a button in your last tracking e-mail asking if your customers want to leave a review
- When the shipment has been delivered, send some additional product information by email or set up a nice personal promotion for a possible upsell
Create a personalized tracking page
Extend the shopping experience by customizing your tracking page. Customers will visit the tracking page multiple times to check the status of their shipment. This creates the perfect opportunity to use your personalized tracking page to stay top of mind and increase the number of repeat purchases.
Find out more about setting up your own tracking page.
For further questions, please contact us via the support section in your Sendcloud panel.