Short answer: Create a ticket so that we can start an investigation with the carrier. In your Sendcloud panel, open the Support menu and then click +New ticket > Select the category Submit a request for a parcel > Select Shipment delivered, but not received.
Explanation: If you are shipping at Sendcloud rates, we will handle your claims directly with the carrier. To start an investigation, we need you (the merchant) to create a ticket from your Sendcloud account. To open a ticket, follow these instructions:
- In your Sendcloud panel open the Support menu and click +New ticket
- Select the category Submit a request for a parcel
- Select Shipment delivered, but not received
- Enter the tracking code and click Find my shipment
- Complete the form with as many details as possible and click Send to submit the ticket
In order for the carrier to accept a claim and to help speed up the investigation as much as possible, make sure you
- first confirm with the recipient that they have already checked other safe delivery locations like a nearby bin or container, a porch, a neighbor's house...
- provide as many details as possible when describing the content of the parcel and the packaging
- attach the sales invoice
- fill in the measurements of the parcel
- upload a valid non-receipt declaration
Once your claim is submitted, we will treat your claim and keep you updated.
Important notes about non-receipt declarations:
- Some carriers require a hand-written declaration (including the signature)→ Please advise the recipient to print the declaration, fill it out by hand and scan it to have a digital copy.
- All fields must be filled in, in the correct place.
- The parcel number refers to the tracking number of the parcel (generated by the carrier) and not the internal order number.
- The names of the receiver and the sender need to match those provided upon label creation.