Purpose: Learn how you can easily connect your Boxwise ERP system to Sendcloud in a matter of minutes.
The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here.
How to begin
The first steps need to be completed by Boxwise. They can install the Sendcloud plugin for you, so please reach out to Boxwise if you're interested in a Sendcloud x Boxwise connection.
- After Boxwise has installed the Sendcloud plugin, you can find it by going to System > Plugins in Boxwise.
- The plugin is deactivated by default. To activate the plugin, you can select it and click on
Integrate Boxwise with Sendcloud
When the Sendcloud plugin is active, you can start setting up your connection between Boxwise and Sendcloud. You can do so by following the steps below:
- In your Sendcloud account, navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Find Boxwise in the list of available integrations and click Connect
- Click Save. The API Public and Secret keys will be automatically generated
Make sure to copy your keys and store them in a safe place. Once you close this page, your keys will no longer be visible. If you need your keys at a later stage and don’t have them stored anywhere, you’ll be required to generate new keys via the Regenerate keys button. This means that the connection between Sendcloud and your integration needs to be remade with the use of these new keys.
- You can find the integration ID at the end of the URL:
- Once the keys have been generated, you can go the Settings > Transport menu in Boxwise. Enter the keys and integration ID to the Sendcloud tab as seen below:
- Under the behavior section you have couple of options for configuration:
- You can choose to enter a key for the shipping address custom field. If it's set, the application will try to fetch that custom attribute value and send it to Sendcloud as “Checkout delivery method”. This can be used in shipping rules.
- If you are shipping to service points, the next two fields allow to map the service point id and po box number (not applicable to all carriers). The Sendcloud service points picker is a feature, which can be implemented in your webshop. Read here how to include Sendcloud service points in your data flow.
- Option to set default parcel item weight. If the user didn’t set the default weight in the plugin settings page, the plugin will send 0.001kg as parcel item weight.
How to use Boxwise with Sendcloud
- Login to your Boxwise environment
- Go to Pick at the menu on the top and select the orders that you're picking
Create a batch via the Create batch button in the top right corner and approve the batch by clicking Confirm
- Go to Select batches in the top left corner
- Select the picker and click continue
- Open an order and select the product you want to pack
- Go to Manual in the menu at the top and enter the quantity of the packed product. Do the same for the other products in the order if there are any
- Click on the box at the bottom of the right side of the page
- Fill in the weight and the dimensions and click on Ok
- Go to Process in the menu at the top and click on Start; the Shipping window will appear
- Click on the Sendcloud logo to create your shipping label via Sendcloud
- Select a shipping method of your choice
Boxwise is now successfully connected to Sendcloud. If you make changes to the integration in Sendcloud (delete the current one and add a new one), you can update the Sendcloud integration credentials in the plugin settings tab in Boxwise. From that moment, if valid, new credentials will be used.
Since the plugin is automatically available for all Boxwise user, there's no explicit way to uninstall the plugin. You can only deactivate the plugin. When deactivated, plugin functions will no longer be called on for shipment events.
If the integration is deleted (disconnected) in the Sendcloud panel, an error message saying that the credentials are invalid should be displayed upon shipment creation.
Boxwise - Shippers Binding
Under Master Data > Shippers Binding you can set up a delivery method that will use a specified shipper and its carrier service.
When Sendcloud is selected, the plugin must provide a list of all carrier services. The first available option should be “None“. The rest of the carrier services (shipping methods) should be retrieved from Sendcloud.