Purpose: In this article we explain everything you need to know about the update of our plans, including the main changes, the features available for each subscription and what happens if you decide to downgrade your plan.
At Sendcloud, we renewed our subscription plans in late 2022 for German, Austrian and UK users; and in March 2023 for Dutch, Belgian, French, Italian and Spanish users. At first, users with a legacy plan who wanted to stay on their plan (neither downgrade nor upgrade), were not switched to the new subscriptions. Only new clients and users who wanted to change their subscription had access to the new plans.
If you prefer to switch to our new plans yourself, this is possible from 2 May and you can do so from your Sendcloud panel by going to Settings > Plans.
Overview of the legacy and current plans
Below you can see the legacy plans and the equivalent current plans.
*If you ship more than 10 000 parcels per month, the Enterprise plan would be the best fit for you. Check our dedicated page, where you can schedule a call with one of our Enterprise Account Executives to request a personalized offer.
General overview of the main changes
Not only has the price of each subscription changed, but some of the features included in each plan have also changed. Below you will find a table with the equivalent plans and the main changes. Click on the one that is relevant to you.
From Essential to Free
|0 EUR||0 EUR|
|Max. 100 shipments per month||Max. 50 shipments per month|
Return portal and manual returns
|No return portal (manual returns still possible)|
Multi-language tracking e-mails
|Max. 2 languages|
|No tracking page|
From Small Shop to Lite
|45 EUR per month (monthly subscription)||25 EUR per month + 0.09 service fee per label (monthly subscription)|
|40 EUR per month (yearly subscription)||23 EUR per month + 0.09 service fee per label (yearly subscription)|
|Max. 5 integrations||Max. 3 integrations|
|Return portal||No return portal|
|Tracking page||No tracking page|
|Not possible to generate packing slips||Possible to generate packing slips|
|Phone support||No phone support|
|No sub-users||Max. 2 sub-users|
From Large Shop to Growth
|99 EUR per month (monthly subscription)||75 EUR per month + 0.08 service fee per label (monthly subscription)|
|89 EUR per month (yearly subscription)||70 EUR per month + 0.08 service fee per label (yearly subscription)|
|Unlimited integrations||Max. 5 integrations|
|Unlimited shipping rules||Max. 10 shipping rules|
|Return portal||No return portal|
|No sub-users||Max. 5 sub-users|
|Paid returns||No paid returns|
|Pickup returns feature||Pickup returns feature not available|
|Return rules||No return rules|
|Picking lists feature||No picking lists|
From Business to Premium
|199 EUR per month (monthly subscription)||149 EUR per month + 0.07 service fee per label (monthly subscription)|
|179 EUR per month (yearly subscription)||
138 EUR per month + 0.07 service fee per label (yearly subscription)
|Max. 2500 shipments||
Max. 10 000 shipments
|Unlimited sub-users||10 sub-users|
Overview of the features included in the new (current) subscription plans
Click on the topic you are interested in to see what features are available with the different subscriptions.
|Connected shop integrations||Max. 2||Max. 3||Max. 5||Unlimited|
|Service fee per label||-||€0.09||€0.08||€0.07|
|Beta community enrollment||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Add direct contract with carrier||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Add multiple contracts with the same carrier||-||-||-||✓|
|Pack & Go||-||-||✓||✓|
|Manual return form||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pickup returns (via return portal)||-||-||-||✓|
|Paid returns (via portal)||-||-||-||✓|
|Branded tracking page||-||-||✓||✓|
|Custom CSS in tracking page||-||-||-||✓|
|Widgets on tracking page||-||-||✓||✓|
|Branded tracking notification emails||Ready for shipment, Label created||Ready for shipment, Label created||All||All|
|Aftersales follow up emails||-||-||-||✓|
|Sendcloud service point picker in your website's checkout||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Carrier transit time
|Reporting API Shipments feature||-||-||-||✓|
|Contact and support options||Free||Lite||Growth||Premium|
|Dedicated Customer Success Manager||-||-||-||✓|
For more detailed information on how to contact our support team, read our article How to contact Sendcloud support. You can also read our guides on how to open a claim for a package or a support ticket from your panel.
If you downgrade your plan, i.e. if you decide to switch to a lower plan, you will see a message with the main changes and a list of the features that won't be available with your new plan. If you agree, check the box and click Switch to X plan to confirm your decision.
Here below we explain how a downgrade can affect the main features of your account. We also explain what you can do to keep using the features, as long as your new plan allows it.
- When the plan downgrade is effective and the number of active integrations is above the allowed threshold, orders will still be imported in the Sendcloud panel but will remain hidden.
- Required action: Deactivate the additional integrations above the limit set for your subscription. To do this, in your Sendcloud panel go to Settings > Integrations > Click Deactivate to deactivate the integration that you want to disconnect.
- When the plan downgrade is effective and the number of active shipping rules is above the allowed threshold, rules won't be applied anymore.
- Required action: Deactivate the additional shipping rules above the limit set for your subscription. To do this, in your Sendcloud panel go to Settings > Shipping rules > Toggle off to deactivate the shipping rules that you want to disable.
- When the plan downgrade is effective and the number of active sub-users is above the allowed threshold, we will automatically deactivate the access of the most recently activated sub-users that go over the limit.
Multi-language tracking emails
- When the plan downgrade is effective, we will automatically remove the email templates in languages other than the language of the invoice country and the "Other countries" template. In case the template of the invoice country was already removed, we will only keep the "Other countries" template.
Branded Tracking page
- When the plan downgrade is effective, we will unpublish the Tracking page.
- When the plan downgrade is effective, we will unpublish the Return portal. The URL will still be active but the Return portal will display an error message. Return shipments previously created with the return portal will not be affected by this change and will still receive tracking notifications.
We have gathered some frequently asked questions that may arise with the update of our plans. If you have any other questions, please contact our Support team.
Can I switch from my legacy plan to a new plan directly from my Sendcloud panel?
- From 2 May, you will be able to switch to our new plans by going to Settings > Plans. From our side, we will also start gradually migrating users from that date. This means that if you receive an e-mail communication from us requesting you to make the change, you will have one month to switch to a new plan before we switch it for you. If you don't receive a request from us yet, you can still switch to a new plan yourself from your Sendcloud panel as from 2 May.
I don't want to migrate to the new plans. Can I refuse and keep using my legacy plan?
- We will gradually move all our legacy users to our current (new) plans. When we contact you regarding the migration, we will give you one month to switch to the new plans. If you don't update your plan within one month, we will automatically change it for you after the deadline. You cannot come back to your legacy plan after that.
If I downgrade my plan, will my negotiated shipping discounts still be applicable?
- When you downgrade your plan (e.g. from Growth to Lite), your personalized shipping discounts will be adapted according to your new plan.
If I downgrade my plan, will the discount on my subscription still be applicable? I negotiated this discount with a Sendcloud Account Executive and I would like to keep it.
- With the new plans, there will not be any discounts on subscriptions. The personalized discount on your legacy subscription will not be applicable anymore.
I have a legacy yearly subscription. Will this be switched to a new plan subscription?
- If your subscription renews before 1 July 2023 and you want to keep your current plan, your legacy plan will be renewed and you will not be switched to the equivalent new plan. Example: You have a yearly Small Shop subscription that renews automatically on 13 June 2023. If you don't want to make any changes, your yearly Small Shop plan will renew on June 13 2023 until 12 June 2024.
- If your subscription renews after 1 July 2023, your plan will be switched to the new equivalent plan. We will send you an email at least one month before the switch. E.g.: You have a Small Shop plan that renews automatically on 9 July 2023. In this case, a yearly Lite plan will start on 9 July 2023 until July 8th 2024.
Does an Unstamped Letter label count as one shipment?
- Yes. Unstamped Letter labels count as shipments. Therefore, a label service fee will be charged for each Unstamped Letter label created. Keep in mind that this is the price that we charge for the creation of the label with our software, apart from the shipping costs. If you cancel the label, the label fee will also be cancelled.
→ How do we charge and invoice your shipments?