Objective: Learn how you can offer flexible shipping options and customize your PrestaShop shipping rates with the Sendcloud integration.
Step 1: Activate the carriers in Sendcloud
The first step to offer different shipping methods in your PrestaShop checkout is to choose your carriers in your Sendcloud panel.
1. To do this, go to Configuration> Carriers and Prices . Here you can activate the carrier you want (note some are only available with a direct contract). You need more help to activate a carrier, watch our video here .
2 . If you wish, you can activate a default shipping method in Settings> Default shipping method. This will be the shipping method that our system will automatically assign for your orders, unless you manually configure them.
3. If you need help on which carrier to choose and what shipping methods you can offer to your customers, you can use our Price Calculator (only international shipments at the moment), or contact your commercial (small store onwards) or our team Support (essential plan).
Step 2: Determine your shipping rates in PrestaShop
Sendcloud does not automatically import fees to PrestaShop. This is to give you the flexibility to choose how much you want to charge your customers for their shipments independently. Or if you want to offer free shipping when certain conditions apply, for example, if the purchase is greater than € 50.
In PrestaShop you can create fixed rates in your checkout for any order. This, as we mentioned above, gives you flexibility in terms of price conditions by zones, by zone and / or by purchase value. To create a rate in PrestaShop, follow the steps below:
1. In the International section, click Locations. Here you can create and manage the areas you need to create based on flexible rates.
2. At the top right click Add Zone
3. Enter the name of the zone and then click Save.
Zones you have to add ( these are based on carrier rates). See below:
- Provincial Zone 1: shipping within the same province
- Border Zone 2: shipment to the neighboring province
- Peninsular Zone 3: shipping to the rest of mainland
4. Once you have added the zones, access the Transportation section and click on Carriers
5. In the upper right, click Add Carrier
6. Proceed to fill in the information required in the steps to add a new carrier
7. Step 3 'Shipping location and shipping costs' you will have to add the corresponding rates for each area.
8. Complete the steps and make sure the carrier is active, click " Enable " and voila! your shipping methods are already active in your PrestaShop checkout
Step 3: How to use the shipping rules to automatically detect your checkout methods in PrestaShop?
If you have a Small Store subscription onwards, you can use our Shipping Rules feature to streamline your check-out process. With the shipping rules, Sendcloud will automatically select the shipping method based on the name of your check-out method .
This means if a customer chooses "Delivery in 24-48 hrs" at check-out, the pre-selected shipping method will be automatically assigned, without having to modify it manually.
- Go to Settings > Shipping Rules
- Click Create New
- Name your shipping rule, for example "Delivery 24-48 hrs Peninsular"
- Toggle "Match ALL of the conditions of this rule"
- Choose the condition "Checkout delivery method"
- Choose the option "Is" (if it is equal to) or "Contains" (if there can be variables in the name) "Delivery 24-48 hrs".
- In the next field write the name as it appears in your PrestaShop shipping method (if you chose the condition Is) or what it includes in the name (if you chose the condition "Contains"), in this example "Delivery 24-48 hrs "
- In Actions, choose the option "Ship with"
- And choose the shipping method that applies from the drop-down menu "Select a value".
Note: if you send multiple weights you must include all the weights so that it applies to all your orders, by clicking on the + symbol. For example, Correos Premium Home Delivery 0-1 kg, Correos Premium Home Delivery 1-2 kg and so on.
Repeat this process for all the shipping methods you offer at your checkout. Take into account that each subscription has a limited number (or unlimited- Business Plan) of shipping rules.
Congratulations! you have configured your shipping methods in PrestaShop and optimized your entire shipping process in Sendcloud! For more information on shipping rules and how they can help you with your logistics read our article here.
If you want to know more about how to create shipping zones in PrestaShop you can consult its: