Purpose: This is a guide on how to easily install the Sendcloud plugin into your plentymarkets system.
Step 1: Configure the Sendcloud Plugin
- The Sendcloud plugin needs to be installed in the plentymarkets system.
- Make sure the plugin is installed in one of your plugin-sets - if possible this should be the main set.
- In order to see the new settings which are part of the plugin, the plugin-set which contains the plugin needs to be the backend-plugin-set.
Step 2: Retrieve the API keys
- There will be a new menu point in your backend under Setup > Orders > Shipping > Sendcloud Shipping.
- The API credentials need to be added under Account settings.
- After clicking on the connect button, you will be redirected to the Sendcloud login page. Please login using your Sendcloud username and password.
Step 3: Add Sendcloud as a new shipping provider
- A new shipping provider must be created under Setup > Orders > Settings > Shipping service provider.
- The new shipping provider needs a name / backend name and the provider must be set to Sendcloud Shipping plugin.
Step 4: Connect to the appropriate shipping profiles
- The newly created shipping provider needs to be connected to the appropriate Shipping profiles under Setup > Orders > Shipping > Settings > Shipping profiles.
- If you want to change the service provider of an existing shipping profile, go to the shipping profile configuration and change it using the drop down menu. If Step 3 was completed successfully you will find the new provider here.
Step 5: Connect your shipping profiles with Sendcloud services
The configured shipping profiles need to be mapped with the corresponding Sendcloud services. This can be done under Setup > Orders > Shipping > Sendcloud shipping > Shipping settings.
Step 6: Configure your products
Make sure your products are connected to the correct shipping profiles.
Configure a return service provider
In every shipping profile map, you have the option to configure a return service provider.
- Enter a return service provider:
- Enter a return recipient address:
- In the section Setup > Orders > Shipping > Account settings, you can define a success and an error status which will be set automatically when registering a return.
- (Optional) It's also possible to use an event action to register returns. This plugin provides you with an action that can be built into an event. At which point or for which status this makes sense varies from system to system. (Note: It is not recommended to link the event directly to the creation of a return, because it often comes to errors, for example if a customer has mistakenly created a return order).
Special shipments and additional information
Sending additional information to Sendcloud
- (Optional) In every shipping profile map, there are two additional input fields which can be used to send additional information to Sendcloud.
- Special identifiers
In this field you can use a pre-defined syntax to transfer information that can result in a special action:
name1_value:name2_value → pid_54314:class_F910The corresponding names and values of this information can be defined in consultation with Sendcloud.
The Note input field provides the option to have additional text information printed on the label.
When shipping internationally, ensure that the information needed for the correct production of customs documentation is correctly stored for each item in plentymarkets. It's necessary to include both the country of manufacture and the HS Code can be maintained on the item so they can be transferred to Sendcloud.
- Country of manufacture (item level)
- Customs tariff number (variation level)