Purpose: If you're experiencing errors with your Shopify integration, you can first check the following points to see if your issue is listed alongside the solution. If your issue is not mentioned below, contact us by making a support request from your Sendcloud account.
1. Receiving a 422 Unprocessable Entity error:
Receiving a 422 error can be due to a number of issues, please check if:
- You have many unfulfilled orders in Shopify; this occurs when articles (and also the orders) are marked as "virtual". Check that products are properly set up in the Shopify backend.
- The ordered products have no location; Shopify API forbids fulfilment for products without a location. If you have added several locations inside Shopify, this could also result in a 422 error, as Sendcloud does not support multi-locations.
- International shipping fields are required or incorrect in the Shopify Admin. Check that each product has the HS Code and Country of Origin fields correctly filled in. If you need help, please refer to this article: International Shipping for Shopify.
2. Changing delivery address in Shopify backend does not change the delivery address of the order in Sendcloud
If an order is older than 30 days, it will not be updated in Sendcloud. The Shopify integration fetches and updates orders only up until this period.
If you are a new user that is integrating your Shopify store with Sendcloud for the first time, it's likely thjat you will have orders which are more than 30 days old. If you wish to import these orders into Sendcloud, contact us by making a support request from your Sendcloud account.
3. No feedback is sent to my Shopify store from Sendcloud / No tracking number is sent to my Shopify store / The order status is not sent from Sendcloud to Shopify
This may happen if Multi-Location is activated in the Shopify backend. You can learn about Multi-Location here.
4. Why is fulfilment/feedback to my Shopify store delayed?
There are a couple of reasons that might be causing a delayed fulfilment or feedback to the shop:
- We failed to provide feedback, and start a retry, these retries are gradually put further in the future
- If the user announces a lot of parcels from the same store at once, we trigger a lot of updates to the shop at the same time.
- Shopify will limit the rate at which these are processed, causing a delay (similar to the first point).
- It’s super busy at Sendcloud around that time, causing us to queue up the shop feedback.
- The third one could be the reason if this happens during peak season.
5. HS code and country of origin are not being imported into Sendcloud for my products
- Make sure that you've added the HS Code and Country of Origin for each of your products in the Shopify backend. More information can be found here: International shipping for Shopify
- If you delete a product from the Shopify backend, this product can still appear in Sendcloud in orders, but with the HS Code and CoO data missing.
- It's advised not to delete products for this reason, until all orders have been fulfilled from the Incoming Order Overview in Sendcloud.
- We recommend to archive products instead of deleting them. This will allow a buffer period during which any pending orders will not be affected by the removal of the product until they are fulfilled.
6. My imported orders are being duplicated across the Created labels/Shipped tabs and the Incoming Order Overview in Sendcloud.
- This occurs when orders are manually fulfilled in Shopify. This triggers a new update for that order to Sendcloud, resulting in a duplicate order.
- This can also occur if virtual products are automatically fulfilled by Shopify.
- These orders will appear with both an order number, followed by an external ID from Shopify, in the order number field (e.g. #12345 | 1234567890123)
- We recommend filtering out these orders from the IOV. They can be filtered out from the other orders because the status will show as completed as opposed to incomplete.
7. Why are some of my orders not being fulfilled?
Sendcloud can't fulfil or send feedback about orders which don't contain a product.