Purpose: when shipping internationally (outside of the EU), it is required to add details regarding what you’re shipping within the Shopify Admin. This guide will show you how to import Shopify HS codes and the country of origin.
Step 1. Please ensure the following is set correctly in order for Sendcloud to import the needed data from your Shopify Product:
1. Description: The description for your product.
2. Quantity: The number of products in the order.
3. Weight: Weight of the product (this is for customs to validate what is in the shipment).
4. Value: The price that you're charging for the product.
5. HS code: If you want to ship the product internationally, then enter the harmonized system (HS) tariff code. These codes provide customs with information so that correct tariffs can be applied to the order. You can find the HS code for your product by searching using a keyword in the HS code field of the product details page.
6. Country of origin: The country where the product was manufactured or assembled. If the product consists of materials from different countries or regions, then the country or region where it takes its essential form is the country or region of origin. Different countries or regions and international treaties have different rules of origin.
Step 2. In order for Sendcloud to import the HS code and country of origin, please make sure the following has been done in Shopify Admin:
- Set the HS code and country of origin per product.
In order to complete international shipping, the HS code and country of origin need to be set individually for each product in the Shopify admin.
- Set the right permissions for sharing inventory items.
Part of the authorization process requires specifying which parts of a shop's data the client would like access to. Ensure that Sendcloud has access to the Shopify API read_inventory; and write_inventoryscopes.
Do I have to change something in Sendcloud to enable international shipping? No. Only the changes in Shopify are mandatory.
Will this be rolled out for other systems? Yes, this will be rolled out for other systems