Purpose: In this article we explain the surcharges that will apply to your shipment if it does not comply with Mondial Relay's shipping conditions. We also explain what you should look out for when shipping with Mondial Relay.
When a package does not meet the carrier's terms and conditions and/or maximum dimensions, an additional fee may apply. The surcharges will always be invoiced afterwards by the carrier and you can see them on your Sendcloud invoices.
Mondial Relay can modify any weight errors based on the regularly checked weighing equipment. If the weigh is different, the price difference will be charged and a processing fee of €15 tax included will be applied.
If the parcels does not comply with the shipping conditions (dimensions, packaging, weight...), no refund can be made by Mondial Relay because the carrier has already accepted the parcel in service point.
Any parcel that cannot be delivered to its final destination will be transferred to a Mondial Relay regional agency where the customer can pick it up.
In general, the following products are not accepted by the carrier:
- All goods covered by national, European and international regulations on dangerous products (dangerous materials classified by the ADR (Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road), classes 1 to 9 such as, in a non-exhaustive way, explosives, ammunition, gases, flammable, radioactive, toxic or corrosive materials as well as all objects which, by nature or according to their packaging, may present a danger to the environment, the safety of transport equipment, vehicles, or damage the other packages transported.
- All goods that leave stains, products contrary to labor law, and/or likely, by their nature or their packaging, to injure Mondial Relay employees or damage Mondial Relay equipment.
- In addition to items covered by the above restrictions, the following cannot be accepted for international shipment: Shipments requiring Mondial Relay to obtain a license or special authorization for transport, import or export.
- Shipments whose transport, import or export is prohibited by any law or regulation in the country of destination, in particular and without limitation, furs, plants and perishable food, psychotropic drugs.
- Shipments whose packaging contains insults, threats or statements contrary to public order or damaging the image of Mondial Relay.
- The following products are excluded: jewelry, precious stones, precious metals, currencies, banknotes, payment instruments, vouchers, goods traveling under an ATA carnet including display goods, consignments containing human ashes or funerary relics, live or dead animals, category A-B-C-D weapons regardless of the applicable administrative regime, narcotics, works of art, counterfeit products, publications or audiovisual media prohibited by law, food requiring temperature-controlled transport, as well as pre-qualification files, copies of exam.
If the sender gives the above products to Mondial Relay, the carrier will not be held responsible. If the above restrictions are not respected, the sender authorizes Mondial Relay to dispose of the parcels, including abandoning their routing and will compensate Mondial Relay for all costs and consequences.
More information on how to secure your shipments here.
Please read the shipping conditions carefully to avoid the surcharges listed above. Make sure that you respect the dimensions and that the packaging meets the requirements.