Purpose: Service points offer your customers an improved experience by selecting the location where they want their shipment to be delivered. This article answers Frequently Asked Questions on Service Points.
Before enabling service points delivery, verify that your online shop is connected to Sendcloud. Find out how to easily connect your shop to Sendcloud.
What does service point delivery mean?
This means that the customer wants to pick up the parcel at a pickup point, instead of shipping the order to a business or private address. With this shipping method, the customer selects a desired service point via the location picker at checkout. The map automatically appears when service point delivery is selected. Available points are displayed, giving the customer a wide choice for pickup.
Why should I enable the location picker?
Customers have more choices at checkout, which is the additional option to deliver the parcel directly to the desired parcel shop. This is a good option when the customer is not at home, for example. Offering multiple options increases the chance of a conversion. An overview of the available service points is shown to the customer. Once a service point is selected and the order is placed, the order will be imported into your Sendcloud panel. The correct shipping method is automatically linked, and the selected parcel shop appears in the label details. The label can be printed immediately!
Which carriers deliver to service points?
You can find an overview of all carriers and shipping methods in your Sendcloud panel by clicking on Settings > Carriers & Pricing. There are specific shipping methods for delivery to a parcel shop. These usually include terms such as "pick-up". "service point" or "parcelshop". You can find all shipping methods per carrier here.
How do I set up service point delivery on my webshop?
Once your webshop is connected, you can add the Delivery service point to your shipping methods. First, you need to activate the Delivery service point in your Sendcloud panel. Depending on the integration, different steps are required to activate this option. In this section, you can find our articles about integrations and service points.
Do I need to set a shipping rule to select the correct shipping method?
No, this is not necessary. Sendcloud immediately connects the correct shipping method for sending to a parcel shop if it is set up correctly. The address data of the selected service point is also transferred. The label can be printed directly.
What does the "Delivery at service point" option look like in the check-out?
In your Sendcloud panel, you can select which carrier should appear in the location picker. As soon as the customer selects the service point delivery, the location picker with the available parcel shops becomes visible. Only the carriers that you have activated will be displayed, of course. Your customer can easily drop off his shipment at the selected parcel shop.
What are the check dimensions of the service points?
This is a convenient tool that checks the dimensions of the ordered shipment. The Service Point ''check dimensions'' check if the dimensions exceed the maximum dimensions of the carrier. If the carrier does not allow the dimensions, they will be automatically filtered out. We recommend using the dimension checker for PostNL and DHL service points. Currently, checking the dimensions of service points is also only available for Woocommerce. You can find more information about Woocommerce and Service Points in this article.
Why the service point delivery option doesn't appear in my checkout?
Common reasons why the service point overview does not appear in your check-out:
- Your online shop is not on a live environment
- The design you are using does not allow you to display the button for selecting a service point
- You are using an application/extension/plugin (in your checkout) that is not compatible with Sendcloud
e.g.: Carrier extensions also offer an overview map. In combination with Sendcloud this leads to no map being displayed at all.
- Additional scripts" have been added during the checkout process in the backend of your online shop.
- The shipping method "Service Point Delivery" was not created for all shipping zones in the backend of your shop.
- The shop's connection with Sendcloud has been interrupted: Go to 'Settings' > 'Integrations' > 'Failed log requests' in your Sendcloud account to get more information about what the issue is.
- Your browser is not up-to-date: Please try another browser or install the latest version. We recommend, from personal experience, Google Chrome.
- The following descriptions must exactly match the shipping method set in the webshop backend:
- English: "service point delivery"
- Dutch: "service point delivery"
- German: “parcel shop delivery"
- French: "delivery to a relay point"
- Spanish: "pick up at service point" Spaans