Purpose: Offer service point delivery to your customers at your WooCommerce checkout by following the steps in this guide.
Step 1: Activate Service Point Delivery
- In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Integrations and select the WooCommerce integration by clicking on the pen icon.
- Tick the box 'Service Points' and the carrier for which you want to activate this delivery option (for instance, a standard and an express delivery option).
Step 2: Configure in WooCommerce
- Return to your WooCommerce back-end and navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Add shipping zone
- Click Add shipping method
- Choose Service Point Delivery from the dropdown menu and click Add shipping method
- Hover your mouse cursor over the shipping method Service Point Delivery and click Edit
- Enter a Method name for your shipping method to be displayed on your checkout page (such as "Delivery to service point") and add a shipping cost.
- In the field Carrier Selection, type the name of the carrier in lowercase letters. If the carrier has a space between the name, such as in the case of Mondial Relay, type the name using an underscore (e.g. mondial_relay).
Note: If the name is not correctly types as per these specifications, the map will fail to load correctly.
Dimension checking in the service point picker
If you are using carriers PostNL or DHL, you can automatically prevent the possibility of having your parcels rejected at a service point due to their size/dimensions.
Follow the steps below to enable:
- In Settings > Integrations in your Sendcloud platform, find your WooCommerce integration and select Edit to enter the integration settings
- Tick the box as shown below: "Service point check dimensions". We recommend only selecting this box if you are shipping with DHL and/or PostNL.
- This feature is dependent on you having entered the correct dimensions for all of your products in your WooCommerce admin environment. The example below shows how to set up maximum dimensions in your WooCommerce product settings:
The service point picker will filter out carriers that cannot handle products of that given size.
Please bear in mind that there is no advance packing logic behind this - we simply check if all the given products in an order are within the maximum dimensions of the carrier.
Congratulations! Service point delivery is available to your customers at the checkout page.