If you have integrated your WooCommerce webshop with Sendcloud, you can offer your customers the option to have their parcels delivered to a local service point. This is a highly convenient and increasingly popular delivery method that can easily boost your conversion rate by as much as 30%. Begin offering service point delivery during your checkout process by following the simple steps below.
Step 1: Activate Service Point Delivery
1. In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Integrations and select the WooCommerce integration by clicking on the pen icon.
2. Tick the box 'Service Points' and the carrier for which you want to activate this delivery option (for instance, a standard and an express delivery option).
Step 2: Configure in WooCommerce
3. Go back to your WooCommerce back-end and click on 'WooCommerce' > 'Settings' > 'Shipping' > 'Add shipping zone'.
4. A new type of shipping method entitled 'Service Point Delivery' has appeared. Add this method and click on 'Edit'.
You can then enter the desired method title and the associated price. Herebelow we added a new shipping method named 'Service Point Delivery' with the carrier UPS. Type the name of the carrier in the field 'Carrier Selection'.
Dimension checking in the service point picker
If you are using carriers PostNL or DHL, you can automatically prevent the possibility of having your parcels rejected at a service point due to their size/dimensions.
Follow the steps below to enable:
- In Settings > Integrations in your Sendcloud platform, find your WooCommerce integration and select Edit to enter the integration settings
- Tick the box as shown below: "Service point check dimensions". We recommend only selecting this box if you are shipping with DHL and/or PostNL.
- This feature is dependent on you having entered the correct dimensions for all of your products in your WooCommerce admin environment. The example below shows how to set up maximum dimensions in your WooCommerce product settings:
The service point picker will filter out carriers that cannot handle products of that given size.
Please bear in mind that there is no advance packing logic behind this - we simply check if all the given products in an order are within the maximum dimensions of the carrier.
Congratulations! Service point delivery is available to your customers at the checkout page. Having multiple delivery options is always better than having just one because it gives your customers the opportunity to choose a shipping method that's most convenient for them, increasing their likelihood of completing their order!