Purpose: Learn how to connect your own UPS carrier contract with your Sendcloud account in three easy steps.
You must have a contract with UPS in order to ship with UPS through Sendcloud. To acquire a UPS contract, contact UPS via their website.
Step 1: Activate your Sendcloud subscription
Sendcloud offers three subscriptions with which you are able to use your own transport contract: Small shop, Large shop and the Business plan.
For more information regarding which plan is best for you and the needs of your business, you can always contact us via the support section of your Sendcloud account or click here.
Step 2: Connect your UPS contract
- In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Carriers & Pricing
- Click on the My contracts tab:
- Click Add your own contract
- Find UPS in the list of carriers and click Add contract
Step 3: Enter your UPS account details
Complete the form with the information below and click "Save" when you are done. You can find this information in myUPS or by contacting your account manager.
- Username: "myUPS ID" (for example: "SENDC_UPS").
- Where you can find your myUPS ID: Login to UPS with your e-mail address and password. Your account must be linked to a UPS customer number. This requires a current UPS invoice and/or an active account. If you don't have access to this environment, you can request access through your UPS Account Manager.
- Password: your myUPS password
- UPS Access Key: "UPS Developer Key" (16 characters ex: "1234ABCD1234ABCD"). Once logged into your UPS account, you will need to integrate UPS Technology, download the shipping APIs and request an Access Key. You can do this by accessing the UPS Developer Kit. For the access key, click "Request an access key" . The "Secondary Contact Information" section must be completed. You can access UPS developer documentation by clicking here (FR) or here (EN).
- Account Number: "UPS account reference" (6 characters e.g. "12A3B4")
You can find this information in myUPS or by contacting your account manager/sales representative. If you have not received your login/access information, please contact your UPS sales representative and provide them with the information requested above. They will be able to provide you with access to your UPS contract.
How to find your UPS Access/Developer Key
Once logged into your UPS account, you will need to integrate UPS Technology, download the shipping APIs and request an Access Key. Follow the steps below to find this information.
- Once logged in to MyUPS, access the UPS Developer Kit by clicking here.
- Click on the "Manage Access Key" button and scroll down to the section "Request New Access Key".
- You will be redirected to an environment with your contact details. If your contact details are not pre-filled, please enter them. When the data is complete, click on the "Request Access Key" button:
- If successful you will see the following screen containing UPS Access Key. Make sure the "Access Type" states "Production". This is the UPS Access Key, you will need to fill in the Sendcloud environment.
UPS offers the option to use paperless trade. If you have your own direct contract with UPS, please keep in mind that you should enable paperless trade in order to use it. Click here to go to the UPS website and enable paperless trade.
Done! Once you've followed the steps above, your UPS contract should now be successfully linked to your Sendcloud platform and you can begin shipping on your UPS rates. When you create a label with a UPS shipping method, the label price will now show as 0.00 EUR in your account.