All carriers apply surcharges if you do not ship according to their conditions. Here we explain what you can do to prevent this.
What are the reasons why a carrier surcharge is calculated? Below we list a number of reasons for you:
- your package is too heavy
- your package is too light
- your package falls outside the maximum or minimum dimensions
- your package cannot be processed automatically due to the shape or nature of the package (think of tubes, tubes etc.)
- your package has a 'breakable' sticker and / or 'breakable' tape
- your package will be delivered in a remote area
- your package must be relabeled (e.g. due to an incorrect address)
- your shipping label is not readable
As you can see there are a number of things that you can take into account in advance.
The sender (so you) are always responsible for the correct handover of your packages to the carrier, it is important to read their conditions carefully.
In most cases we will show on your invoice why a surcharge has been calculated for your package. In some cases it may happen that your surcharge is unclear.
It is also possible that you do not agree with your allowance and in both cases you can contact us. You can start an investigation in your panel under support -> new ticket -> financial questions.