The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here
Topic: Learn about how to operate Pack & Go in single scan mode.
What is the single scan mode of Pack & Go?
You can now operate Pack & Go using a barcode scanner in single scan mode. This allows you to locate an order and immediately create a shipping label with just one scan.
This is in contrast to the default barcode scanner mode of Pack & Go, which requires two scans to process a label. Via the default two-scan mode, the first scan will locate an order and display it on screen, where you can edit it and make changes to the shipping method. The second scan will confirm any changes and print the shipping label.
Why use the single scan mode?
Benefits of using Pack & Go in single scan mode include:
- Shave 10-20 seconds off your order processing time
- More efficient for processing orders in cases where you only use one shipping method, or don’t need to make manual changes to orders
- Save your warehouse employees time during busy days or over the peak period
How to use the single scan mode?
Follow the steps below to activate single scan mode:
- From your Sendcloud panel, go to the Pack & Go tab.
- Click to enable Single scan.
- From the dialogue window, confirm you want to use Pack & Go in single scan mode.
- When you scan an order, it will briefly appear on-screen while the label is generated. As soon as the label is printed, you will see the confirmation message, “Success! Your label has been printed”. You can continue to scan orders to immediately process them and generate the shipping label.
- You can toggle between single scan and the default (two-scan) mode at any time.
You can also enable single scan from the Pack & Go settings menu via Settings > Pack & Go > Create labels with a single scan. Click Updates changes to save.