Purpose: Learn how to integrate your Odoo ecommerce platform with Sendcloud in a few easy steps.
The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here
→ Getting started with Sendcloud
Before you can integrate Odoo with Sendcloud, go here to create an account and choose your subscription plan.
Step 1: Setup your integration
- In Odoo, navigate to Sendcloud > Configuration > Wizards
- Under Setup the Sendcloud Integration, click on
- A setup wizard will pop up in a new window
- Select Odoo Integration and click
- You will be redirected to Sendcloud. Click on
Connectto authorise the connection with Odoo
- In Odoo, navigate back to Integration configuration
- You should now see that an integration named "OdooShop" has appeared in the list view of integrations
- Open the OdooShop Integration form to edit the integration
- Changes that you make in this view will automatically sync with Sendcloud, and any changes you make to settings in Sendcloud will sync with the Odoo integration.
- If multiple integrations appear in this list, sort them in order of priority to enable Odoo to select the default integration to use
When you confirm a sales order in Odoo, it will automatically be created in Sendcloud as an incoming order.
To confirm a sales order:
In Odoo, go to SendCloud > Sales > Orders
In the list of sales orders, select the order you want to confirm and click
Processing orders in Odoo
Once the order is confirmed you can generate the label from Odoo as well as from Sendcloud.
- To do so, select a sales order which is already confirmed and click on
- Next, click on
- The label will be created and can be found in your Sendcloud account under the Created labels tab
- You can find the tracking number for the delivery in Odoo, under the Order history view
Processing orders in Sendcloud
The order will remain in the incoming order overview until you choose to print the shipping label. You can learn more about how order processing works in Sendcloud in this article.
When you click
Create labels the shipping labels will be created as a PDF or automatically printed and the labels will be sent to the shipping carrier. These orders will then move to the Created labels tab.
Step 2: Object synchronization
- In Odoo, go to SendCloud > Configuration > Wizards >Sync the SendCloud Objects.
A wizard will appear in a pop up window
- Select all objects and click
Confirmto begin retrieving data from Sendcloud
- The following data is automatically synchronized from Sendcloud to Odoo:
- Parcel Statuses
- Shipping Methods
- Sender Addresses
- To configure how often this data should be retrieved, go to Settings > Technical > Automation > Scheduled Actions
Search Scheduled Actions for "Sendcloud"
- Set the "Execute Every" value to your preference
Step 3: Sender addresses & warehouses
If you have multiple sender addresses, you can add them to your Sendcloud account. Click here to see how to set up your sender addresses.
When you process your orders, you can select which sender address to ship your order from in the incoming order overview.
If you have multiple warehouses configured in Odoo, you can assign them to a corresponding sender address in Sendcloud by completing the following steps:
- Go to SendCloud > Configuration > Integration
- Click on
Configure Warehouse Addresses
- A wizard will pop up in a new window
- Set the corresponding Sendcloud Sender Address for each of the warehouse addresses
- In Inventory > Configuration > Warehouses, select an address.
- In the address form, go to the Sales and Purchase tab and set the Sendcloud Sender Address
- In Sale Order > Delivery, select the appropriate Warehouse.
- Check that the address of the Warehouse also has a Sendcloud Sender Address.
Enabling Test Mode allows you to access extra functionalities in order to test the integration.
- To enable Test Mode, from the sidebar menu > Sales > Settings
- Under the SendCloud section you can find the Enable Test Mode flag
Please note: If you are using Test Mode to test orders, make sure you set a different prefix for your delivery numbers in your test environment. For example, go to Debug Mode > Technical/Sequences Identifiers/Sequences and adjust the prefix to WH/OUT/TEST for example. Otherwise, when you begin shipping real parcels, if Sendcloud recognises the same delivery number as previously used during testing, it will treat the live order as an 'update' of the test order and the shipping details could be incorrect.
How to process orders in Odoo to Sendcloud
Here's a quick run through of how you will process your orders when the integration with Sendcloud is successfully established:
- You will create a sales order in Odoo, then click on
Add shippingto select one of the shipping methods provided by Sendcloud
- When confirming the sale order, a delivery document is generated (stock.picking)
- When confirming the picking, a parcel (or multiple parcels) for the specific sales order are created in Sendcloud under Shipping > Created labels
- The picking / parcel is updated with the information from Sendcloud (tracking number, tracking url, label, etc.)
Service Point Picker
The Sendcloud module allows delivery to a service point via service point picking widget. The widget is visible in the SendCloud Shipping tab when the following is true:
- You have enabled service point delivery in Sendcloud, by going to Settings > Integrations > Odoo > Edit and ticking the box Enable Service Point Delivery"
- You have selected a Sendcloud shipping method in parcel picking as explained in the step above
- The Shipping Method has field sendcloud_service_point_input == "required"
- All of the criteria (from country, to country, weight) match with the current order
If the communication to the SendCloud server fails (eg.: while creating a parcel), the exchanged message is stored in a Log section, under Logging > Actions.