Purpose: This article is a guide on how to download a CSV file containing information regarding returns.
Within the Sendcloud platform, there is a large collection of data available. We have added the functionality whereby you can export the data related to your return shipments as a CSV file, allowing more visibility over what customers are returning and how.
How to Export your Return data/ CSV file
- To create a CSV export of your returns go to the Incoming returns overview, in the Returns tab.
- Select at least one parcel, then click on Actions and select Export.
3. Once the CSV is exported you will receive a find the downloaded link in the Notifications panel.
What Data will the CSV file contain?
Below you can find a list of data item descriptions that are exported in the CSV file:
- "return id": the ID of the Return. This is not the T&T number of the return parcel. A return is composed by a return method (Eg. that can be an incoming shipment or return to store)
- "incoming parcel id": ID of the Incoming parcel
- "incoming parcel order number": order number of the order
- "incoming parcel created at": when the return / incoming label is created
- "Status": tracking status of the incoming / return parcel
- "Brand": the brand the return was created with. This can help to identify what return portal has been used if the user has multiple brands in his account
- "outgoing parcel id": the outgoing parcel ID
- "product name": the “name” of the item that has been returned
- "product HS code": the returned product HS code
- "product SKU": the returned product SKU
- "product quantity": if your customer has initially purchased the same item multiple times, this will indicate how many of those specific products have been returned. This does not stand for the total amount of products that have been returned.
- "return reason id": the ID of the reason that has been chosen for that item
- "return reason description": the actual description of the reason that has been chosen for that item
- "return message": if the return reason chosen is “other (explain in message)”, this field will contain the message typed by the buyer.
- "refund method": the "refund method" chosen for this return.
- "refund status": if the refund has been issued or not. The refund status can be defined by merchants in the detail view.
- "return method": if the return has been returned through return in store or through a service point or through a drop off point.
All the information related to one return is collected in a single row of the CSV file. If the return contains more items, the items will be shown in multiple rows with their dedicated reason, and the other return data will be repeated for each row containing an item for that specific return.