Using the service points is optional, but can increase your conversion. Before you can enable the service points for your Magento 2, make sure you have did the integration correctly. With the Servicepoint location picker your customers can select the closest service point in their neighborhood, where the shipment will be delivered.
1. Add service points in Magento 2
- Log into your SendCloud account;
- Go to Settings > Connected shops, here you will see your Magento integration.
- Click on the pencil to edit your Magento integration;
- Activate the option Service points, and select the carrier of your choice;
2. Configuratie in Magento backend
- In Magento you first go to System > Sales;
- You'll need to choose the option Shipping Methods next;
- Click on SendCloud Service Point;
- Change Enabled to Yes;
- Configure the settings further properly, and set a price;
3. Save the changes
4. Check if everything works
Now that the shipping method is activated in the checkout, your customers are able to select a location in their neighborhood, where the shipment must be delivered.
We always recommend to do some tests afterwards. You need to place a test order to check if you can select the shipping method, as shown in the image below;
Your customer can click on Select Service Point in your checkout, and is now able to select a Service Point on the map which appears on the next page;
The Service Point activation is now done! 💪