Purpose: Learn how you can offer delivery a service point to your customers at your Magento 2 checkout.
Service point delivery via Dynamic Checkout
You can now offer service point delivery through Dynamic Checkout to make your customers' delivery experience even smoother than before.
- Create a custom checkout configuration per Magento store view and edit rates individually for each shipping method directly in Sendcloud
- Dynamic Checkout lets you embed the service point map directly into your checkout page.
- You can customize it with CSS to match your brand colours and integrate it seamlessly with the style of your webpage.
- Service point deliveries made via Dynamic Checkout will be automatically imported into Sendcloud with the correct shipping methods already applied, based on how you configure each delivery zone.
- No need to use shipping rules to specify shipping methods per country.
To learn more about Dynamic Checkout for Magento V2.4, check out our installation guide here. If you want to continue to manually set up service point delivery, continue with the rest of the article.
Step 1. Add service points in Magento 2
- Log into your Sendcloud account;
- Go to Settings > Integrations and find your Magento integration in the list
- Click on Edit to enter the integration settings menu
- Activate the option Service points, and select the carrier of your choice:
Step 2. Configuration in the Magento backend
- On the Magento Admin Panel go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- On the left panel, under Sales, select the Shipping Methods tab.
- Click on
Sendcloud Service Point
- Change Enabled to Yes;
- Configure the settings further properly, and set a price;
Savewhen you're done to save your changes
Step 3. Create a test order
Now that the shipping method is activated in the checkout, your customers are able to select a location in their neighborhood, where the shipment must be delivered.
We always recommend to do some tests afterwards. You need to place a test order to check if you can select the shipping method, as shown in the image below:
Your customer can click on Select Service Point in your checkout, and is now able to select a Service Point on the map which appears on the next page;