Purpose: In this article, we will explain how you can easily start an investigation if your package is delayed or cannot be traced. We will also explain in a few steps how to submit a claim in case of damage or loss.
1. Starting an investigation
You can start an investigation via the Shipped menu:
- Open the details of the concerning shipment. To get here, go to the 'Shipped' tab in your Sendcloud panel
- Click on the concerning shipment to open the details
- Click on the customer service dropdown menu and select a support option
Claim requests for damaged packages must be submitted within 7 days of shipment.
2. Open a support ticket
For all problems, questions, or investigations regarding your shipments, we would like to refer you to our ticket system within your Sendcloud panel. In this way, all data will be forwarded directly from our backend to the carrier, and your request will be submitted directly at the correct department of the carrier.
- Access support by clicking on the question mark icon and from the dropdown select a support option.
Note: You can select one of these problems. Based on the problem, certain information is requested and you can fill in the form.
3. Choosing the type of support needed
When submitting the ticket you will be asked to describe the problem. There are a number of topics that we have already indicated for you.
Select a type of support: You can select one of these problems. Based on the problem, certain information is requested and you can fill in the form.
Start an investigation with a carrier
- Shipment not traceable
- Shipment delayed
- Shipment delivered, but not received
- Shipment damaged
- Shipment lost
File a Sendcloud insurance claim
- File a Sendcloud insurance claim for a damaged shipment
- File a Sendcloud insurance claim for a lost shipment
- Other shipping related question
- Questions about an integration
- Question about pricing
- Financial questions
- Suggestions for the Sendcloud Platform
- Other questions
You can select one of these problems. Based on the problem, certain information is requested and you can fill in the form.
4. Provide details of the problem
After selecting the support type needed you can add a description of the appearance of the package and in many cases you will also be asked for more information, for example the content of the shipment or the purchase invoice. Make sure you complete this form carefully. If it turns out afterwards that important information has not been provided in advance, this must still be added. This may cause an investigation to be delayed.
When everything is filled in, press Submit. At that moment a ticket will be created in our system and it is automatically transferred to the carrier.
5. The investigation has started, what now?
The investigation has started at the concerning depot. Most carriers strive to provide a definitive answer or update on the shipment within 5 working days.
We often receive the first update within 24 hours, depending on the type of investigation. For abroad shipments, carriers often need some more time.
We from Sendcloud do our best to provide you with an answer as quickly as possible. In the meantime you will be kept informed by us when there are developments.
This will be done through the ticket that has been submitted. The e-mail address that is set as primary in your account will be used as the reply address. In addition, it is also possible to follow up your tickets through your Sendcloud account. To do this, go to 'Support' (bottom left of the panel).