Purpose: This is a guide on how to easily connect your Bol.com marketplace with Sendcloud by following the steps below. Not yet upgraded to Version 3? We also provide you with the information necessary to make the transition to the newest version of the marketplace.
May 2020: Bol.com Migration to V3
If your webshop currently uses the Bol.com v1 or v2 API you will need to upgrade as this documentation will soon be deprecated and no longer be available. Please update to Bol.com V3 before the given time. You can read about the new version of the API here.
If you need to update to version 3 you will see the following call-out:
- Once you click to ‘Upgrade to Bolv3’, you will be brought to a Bol authentication screen
- Please ensure you enter the appropriate credentials for the shop you are authenticating
- You will need to manually upgrade your bol.com API to V3 and reconnect your webshop to the Soundcloud panel in the case that you:
- Exit the authentication page without completing the upgrade to Bol V3
- If you own multiple webshops and use the wrong credentials
If you have upgraded to V3 and need to connect your marketplace to your Sendcloud account, please proceed with the steps below.
How to connect your Bol.com marketplace to Sendcloud
To authenticate the connection between your Bol.com marketplace and Sendcloud, you will need to obtain the API credentials in the form of a Client ID and a Client Secret. These have to be copy and pasted into your Sendcloud account.
Below you can see an example of how these keys appear.
Please note, the above keys are an example only.
Step 1: Gather your API credentials from Bol.com
- Log in to your Bol.com business account here. You will be redirected to the homepage of your Seller Dashboard.
- Click on Instellingen to go the settings page for your account.
- In the settings menu, navigate to the submenu API Instellingen to open your API settings.
- Scroll down the API Settings page until you see the section named Client credentials.
- Click the blue and white Aanmaken button to make a new API user (to connect to Sendcloud) and give it a name (for example, Sendcloud 1).
- Press the blue button Yes, add.
- You will now see the Client ID shown as such:
- Copy the Client ID and paste it temporarily into somewhere safe, such as a blank notepad document - you will need to paste this into your Sendcloud integration in the next steps.
- Next, you will need to obtain the Client Secret. Click the link Toon secret under your Client ID and it will appear in a pop-up window as shown below:
- Again, copy this into somewhere safe. You've now gathered your API credentials and can move onto the next step.
To connect to old Bol.com V1/V2
- Follow the steps above to log into your Seller account
- Go to Settings and then API Settings as shown above
- Instead of going to the section client credentials, continue scrolling until you see the section entitled "I want to view my old API keys"
- Select "Yes" to toggle the option
- The old API keys will be displayed - one for test and one for production
- Note that you only need the keys for production
- Copy the public and the private keys and paste the into Sendcloud by proceeding with the steps below
Step 2: Configuration in Sendcloud
Now you have gathered the information needed to authenticate the connection, log into your Sendcloud account and proceed as laid out in the steps below:
- In your Sendcloud account go to Settings > Integrations and locate the Bolv3 integration.
Note: If you are using an older version of Bol and have not yet updated to V3, you will need to find the integration Bol - do not use the Bolv3 integration. Follow the steps below to input your public and private keys.
- Click Learn more and you will be directed to the settings page for this integration.
- Give the integration a name, such as the name of your online store
- Paste in the Client ID and the Client secret into the two available fields "Bol API client id" and "Bol API secret"
- Press Save
You should have now correctly connected your Bol.com marketplace to Sendcloud, and new orders will appear in the incoming order overview.
Note: Our emails are disabled for the Bol.com integration due to their policy restrictions.
Still experiencing difficulties? Create a new ticket from the Support panel of your Sendcloud account.