Purpose: Learn how you can make sure all of the items in your orders are imported into Sendcloud complete with Country of Origin and HS Code data. When you ship internationally, your generated customs documents will include this information on the customs forms.
Step 1: Add HS Codes as product attributes
- In your WooCommerce backend, go to Products in the main menu and select Attributes
- In the Attribute page, enter "hs_code" in the name field and then click
- Fill in the slug field with the code "hs_code". Please note: It's very important that you fill in this field exactly as it appears here, without quotation marks.
- You will now see the attribute HS Code appear in the grid on the right side of the attributes page. Click on the name
HS Codeto add terms to the attribute.
- Enter the HS Code you want to use in to the name field and then click on
Add new hs_codeto save. Continue to do this for all the HS Codes you want to add.
Step 2: Assign the HS Code attribute to your products
- In your WooCommerce backend, select Products > All products from the main menu
- Click on the name of the product you want to which you want to assign the HS Code attribute from the list of products
- Scroll down the page to the Product data section, then select
- In the dropdown menu Custom product attribute, select
- Select the HS Code you want to apply to this product from the dropdown menu ▾Value(s)
- Untick the box ☑ Visible on the product page
Step 3: Add Country of Origin as a product attribute
- To add country of origin as a product attribute, repeat the steps in Step 1, and enter "origin_country" into the name and slug field (make sure you enter the code exactly, without quotation marks). Click
Add attributeto save.
Add attributeto save.
- This time, when you add a term to the attribute, enter the name (in English) or the ISO2 code of the country of origin:
- You can keep adding terms to the attribute for all the country of origins you want to list.
- You can assign the country of origin attribute to products by following the steps in Step 2, only this time you will select country_of_origin from the ▾Values(s) list when you go to add the product attribute per product.