Purpose: Learn how you can configure Dynamic Checkout per store view in Magento V2.4.
The Sendcloud subscription plans have been updated. If the subscriptions shown in the banner above don’t match your current subscription plan and you’d like to know more, please click here
Configure individual checkouts per store view
Dynamic Checkout for Magento V2.4. lets you configure unique delivery methods per each of your Magento store views. This gives you the flexibility to tailor the delivery experience of your customers based on the shipping country, the type of products you sell or your customer base in each of your individual online stores.
You can customize the shipping methods and shipping rates directly in Sendcloud, and then return to your Magento environment to view a concise overview of each checkout configuration per store view.
Continue reading to see how you can customize your delivery methods per store view in a matter of minutes.
Step 1: Select your store view
- In your Magento environment, select Sendcloud from the main menu:
- Via the Configuration page, you can view all of your currently active checkouts per store view, in addition to any rates that you have configured via Dynamic Checkout.
- By default, the Scope is set to Global view (named as "Default Config" in the dropdown menu). For legacy purposes, we allow a global connection to Sendcloud, but Dynamic Checkout and associated shipping methods can only be configured per store view.
- To continue, select one of your store views from the Scope menu. If you only have a single (main) website, select Default Store View from the menu instead. You can learn more about how to add additional stores to Magento here.
Step 2: Connect your store view to Sendcloud
- Once you've selected a store view, the Configuration page will display. Click on
Connect to Sendcloudto authenticate the connection with Sendcloud.
- Accept the permissions by clicking Connect. You will be redirected to your Sendcloud account.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations, and you'll see that Magento V2 has appeared in the list of integrations:
(Optional) Step 3: Name your Magento store view in Sendcloud
Each store view which you activate in the Magento environment will appear in this integration menu as Magento V2. If you activate multiple store views, you will therefore see multiple integrations named Magento V2.
- Under Settings > Integrations > Magento V2, and click
- Enter a more descriptive name for your store view, such as "Magento V2 (store view Italy)" and click Save.
Step 4: Configure your Dynamic Checkout
You're now ready to begin creating a unique checkout configuration for this store view, and choose your Standard, Service point, Same day and Nominated day delivery options.
You can continue steps 1-4 to create more delivery methods for each of your store views. Remember to rename each integration as described in step 3, so you always know which store view you are editing.
Step 5: View your Dynamic Checkout configurations in Magento V2.4.
If you've followed steps 1-4 and published your checkout configurations in Sendcloud, you'll now be able to see all the delivery methods which you've created in your Magento environment.
- In Magento, select Sendcloud from the main menu to view the Configuration page
- Under Scope, select a store view
- Click the arrow next to Dynamic Checkout to expand the menu:
- Under Rates enabled, click Yes to view the rates you have configured for this delivery method:
- You can click on Edit rates in Sendcloud from the Shipping rates view, or click Edit in Sendcloud from the configuration page, to view and make changes to this particular delivery method in Sendcloud.
Step 6: Process your Dynamic Checkout orders
Orders which are placed in Magento V2.4. and shipped via Dynamic Checkout must be processed in the Sendcloud panel. You can learn more about how to process orders for Nominated day deliveries in time for delivery here, and for Same day delivery here.
To learn more about how to process orders in Sendcloud read the following article:
How customers can see their expected delivery dates
Via Dynamic Checkout, the expected delivery date of the order will automatically appear in the customer's order overview or in the Magento V2.4 admin overview. For orders placed with the delivery method Service point delivery, the address of the selected service point will be displayed.
If you've published your checkout, but it's not appearing correctly, or at all, in your checkout environment, check the Dynamic Checkout troubleshooting article for your integration type: