Purpose: Once you've configured Dynamic Checkout, you can add service point delivery methods to your configuration. Service point delivery lets your customers choose a convenient location to have their parcel delivered to, so they can collect it at a time and place of their choosing.
Service point deliveries through Dynamic Checkout
You can now configure service point delivery for any shipping location via Dynamic Checkout, even if you don't have an active sender address in that country. Service point delivery lets your customer decide when to pick up their parcel, so they never have to worry about missing a home delivery.
You can configure multiple service point delivery methods per country, so there will always be a convenient location close by for them to select via the service point picker. And just like with Nominated day deliveries, you can even style the service point picker to match your brand typography and colours.
Step 1: Set up service point delivery
- In the Dynamic Checkout tab, next to your integration click
- Next, click on
New delivery methodnext to the delivery zone where you want to offer service point delivery. You can create a delivery zone for any country where your chosen carrier supports service point delivery, regardless of where your sender address is located.
- Select Service point delivery from the list of delivery methods.
Step 2: Select your sender address & time zone
- Make sure that the correct sender address has been pre-selected. You can change the sender address via the dropdown menu. It's essential that you select the correct address, as this will affect the shipping methods that are available for configuration.
- The time zone default is based on your account settings. It's important to make sure that the time zone matches the location of the sender address you will be using to fulfil these orders. For example, if you're setting up a UK zone and using a UK warehouse, then you should set the time zone to UTC+00:00 GMT. If you are fulfilling UK orders using a warehouse in the Netherlands, however, then you should set the time zone to UTC+02:00.
Step 3: Select your service point carriers
Select the shipping carriers you want to make available for service point delivery.
You can select multiple carriers, and your customer will be able to select which service point location is most convenient to them on the service point picker. The more carriers you enable, the more choice your customer will have to select from.
Step 4: Add shipping rates
Before your delivery method can be displayed, you need to add pricing.
- Click on Use shipping rates to enter a flat rate which will apply to all the service point delivery methods you have selected. You can also enable free shipping above a set cart value by enabling this option. Find out more about shipping rates and free shipping values/coupons in this article.
- If you choose not to use shipping rates, you can still set up manual pricing in WooCommerce by following this guide.
Step 5: Save and publish
- Under the section Method details, give your shipping method an external and internal title, e.g. “Deliver to service point”
- Click the
Save delivery methodbutton at the bottom of the page to save.
- To publish your delivery method to your webshop, click the
Publishbutton in the checkout configuration