Purpose: Find out how to easily connect weclapp to Sendcloud by using the steps in this article.
Please note:To make sure that weclapp works properly, we recommend using GoogleChrome only.
Step 1: Connect your shop
- In your Sendcloud panel, go to Settings > Integrations and look for weclapp:
- Click on
Connectto open the weclapp settings. Name, URL prefix and API token are mandatory. You can enter a name for your integration (for example: weclapp).
- You can find the URL prefix in your Weclapp account at MY WECLAPP > My company data. Look for 'Configure personal web address' on the page. The URL prefix will be located there at 'Personal web address':
- The API token must be generated in your weclapp account. Click on your account icon and go to My settings in the top right corner.
- Scroll down the page until you see 'API token'. Generate the API token by clicking on
+ Add new API token. The API token will appear and you can copy and paste this into the relevant field in your Sendcloud panel (step 2).
- Save your settings in the Sendcloud panel.
- Click on the
Go to configurationbutton in the blue pop-up (as shown above) to configure weclapp warehouse mapping. Note: this button will only be visible after completing the previous step.
Step 2: Configure warehouse mapping
You have the option to configure weclapp warehouse mapping with your sender addresses in Sendcloud. In the drop-down menu you can select the correct sender address per warehouse
Besides sender addresses, you can also configure custom attributes from weclapp sales orders. Those attributes will be used for service point ID and international shipping mapping. Select default values for shipment type, country and the HS codes used for international shipping.
You have the option to define whether the labels should automatically be created in Sendcloud or not. A custom field needs to be assigned for both manual and automatic label creation. This field will be used for error information about the label creation. The fields need to be created manually in weclapp, as described in the next step.
Step 3: Create custom field
- Define whether or not you'd like the label to be automatically created in Sendcloud by ticking the checkbox.
- Click on
Create custom field in weclapp. You'll then be redirected to weclapp, where you need to create custom attributes per label type; one for label creation and one for error messages.
- After creating and saving the custom field, you'll need to close the configuration and then reopen it. (The configuration needs to be refreshed in order for it to work.)
- Enable/disable your return synchronization by ticking the checkbox. You can also choose the default return error, return reason, return assessment and return rectification. This will be used when the return is created in weclapp.
When the order is placed in weclapp, you can either create labels manually in Sendcloud from the incoming order overview, or you can create the labels directly from your sales orders in weclapp.
- If the 'Automatically create label' option is checked (see step 3), the label will automatically be created via Sendcloud at the moment the shipment is created in weclapp. The shipment will also be updated with the tracking link, tracking number and label document from sendcloud.
- If the 'Automatically create label' option isn’t checked, labels won’t be directly created via Sendcloud and the shipment custom fields will be updated with an external link for label creation.
When you click on the external link, the label will be created in Sencloud and the shipment in weclapp will be updated with tracking link, tracking number and label document from Sendcloud. After successfully creating the label, the integration will open the success page.
When the label is successfully created, you need to reload the page inside weclapp to see any updates.
Q: What happens when the label couldn't be created?If the label creation fails, the integration will open an error page describing why label creation failed. The integration will also update a configurable field on the shipment entity with an error message retrieved from Sendcloud.
In order to fix the issue, you'll need to go to Incoming orders in your Sendcloud panel. Find the specific order in the list of imported orders, click on the pencil icon to edit it, and change or provide the information which is resulting in the error message. After the issue has been resolved, you can go back to the external link from weclapp or manually create the order from Sendcloud.