Purpose: Learn how to integrate ChannelEngine with Sendcloud in a few easy steps.
Before you can integrate ChannelEngine with Sendcloud, go here to create an account and choose your subscription plan.
Step 1: Setup your integration
- In your Sendcloud account, navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Find ChannelEngine in the list of integrations and click Connect
- Enter the Name of your webshop, your ChannelEngine Account name* and the API key*
- Click Save
*To locate these credentials in your ChannelEngine account, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Locate your ChannelEngine credentials
- In your ChannelEngine account, navigate to Settings > Merchant API Keys
- You can find your Account Name (1) under API URL. Copy the subdomain from the API URL: e.g. https://[youraccount].channelengine.net. In the example below, the Account name is "sendcloud-dev".
- Enter the Account Name into the relevant field in Sendcloud as described in Step 1.
- To generate an API key, click the Add (2) button. The API Key will appear, alongside a field where you should enter a name for the API connection.
- Click Add
- Copy and paste the key into the API Key field in Sendcloud as described in Step 1.
Step 3: Configuration
Once you've entered your credentials into Sendcloud and clicked Save, you will see a button appear at the top of the integration settings page asking you to Go to configuration.
- Click on Go to configuration
- You are then be redirected to the mapping page, where you can configure the product Weight, Weight unit, and Shipping method name.
Step 4: Custom fields
There are three ways to add custom fields to ChannelEngine: via the interface, via a product feed, and via the API. For more information, see the ChannelEngine: product custom fields/extra data fields article.
- When you are done adding the Weight, Weight unit, and Shipping method name fields, go to Products > Custom fields on ChannelEngine to see an overview of your custom fields.
- Here you must configure the custom field with Key, Type, and IsPublic options, according to the information from your product feed.
Note: by default Key is empty, Type is set to Text, IsPublic is set to No, and you must adjust each option before saving.
- Using the product feed example from above, enter the following into each custom field and click Save:
- Custom field = Weight
- Key = weight
- Type = number
- IsPublic = yes
- Custom field = Weight unit
- Key = weight_unit
- Type = text
- IsPublic = yes
- IsPublic must always be set to Yes for Sendcloud to have access to the custom fields created on ChannelEngine.
After saving all the newly created custom fields, you can see them listed on your ChannelEngine Custom fields page. Make sure to double check that all fields are configured correctly.
Step 5: Configuring weight and weight unit
Once your custom fields are created on ChannelEngine, you can map them on Sendcloud’s mapping page in order for Sendcloud to fetch the relevent data from your product feed. The mapping on Sendcloud should be saved in the following way:
- Weight = weight
- Weight unit = weight_unit
Step 6: Configure shipping method name
In the shipping Shipping method name field, enter "SHIPPING_METHOD":
For more information about extra data attributes in ChannelEngine, see the following: ChannelEngine extra data
If an order has invalid fields in ChannelEngine, the shipping label and tracking number will not be generated in Sendcloud. They will appear in the incoming order overview with an error. You will need to correct the incoming order using the order edit view and re-create the label in Sendcloud.