Purpose: Learn how to integrate ChannelEngine with Sendcloud in a few easy steps.
Before you can integrate ChannelEngine with Sendcloud, go here to create an account and choose your subscription plan.
Step 1: Setup your integration
- In your Sendcloud account, navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Find ChannelEngine in the list of integrations and click Connect
- Fill in the following fields*:
- Name (of the integration)
- Account Name
- API key
- Click Save when you're done.
*To find these credentials, see Step 2.
Step 2: Locate your ChannelEngine credentials
- In your ChannelEngine account, navigate to Settings > Merchant API Keys
- You can find your Account Name (1) under API URL. It's the subdomain for your ChannelEngine environment. In the example below, you can see the Account name is "sendcloud-dev".
- Enter the Account Name into the relevant field in Sendcloud as described in Step 1.
- To generate an API key, click the Add (2) button. The API Key will appear, alongside a field where you should enter the name for the API connection.
- Click Add when you're done.
- Copy and paste the key into the API Key field in Sendcloud as described in Step 1.
Step 3: Configuration
Once you've entered your credentials into Sendcloud and clicked Save, you will see a button appear at the top of the integration settings page asking you to continue configuration.
- Click on Go to configuration.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can map the weight and weight unit attributes as you have entered them into ChannelEngine under extra product data. The values should match that stored in ChannelEngine.
- If you have a ChannelEngine attribute for Shipping Method Name, you should enter the attribute name into this field as stored in ChannelEngine.
- For more information about extra data attributes in ChannelEngine, see the following: ChannelEngine extra data
If an order has invalid fields in ChannelEngine, the shipping label and tracking number will not be generated in Sendcloud. They will appear in the incoming order overview with an error. You will need to correct the incoming order using the order edit view and re-create the label in Sendcloud.