Purpose: In this article we will run you through the steps you need to take to install the Checkout plugin for your Magento v2.4 webshop integration.
Step 1: Connect to your Magento shop
- Connect to your Magento shop using SSH:
ssh (username)@(host) -p(N)
- Navigate to the location of the Magento installation composer.json file:
Step 2: Add the Packagist repository to install the Checkout plugin
In your SSH session, run the following commands (you should only have to perform this step once):
- To add the private Packagist repository, copy-paste and enter this full command:
composer config repositories.private-packagist composer https://repo.packagist.com/creativect/sendcloud/
- Then disable the default Packagist repository by copy-pasting and enter this full command:
composer config repositories.packagist.org false
- Set up the authentication token for the Packagist repository by copy-pasting and enter this full command:
composer config --global --auth http-basic.repo.packagist.com token 16bde66a314ca982f815c214e4da5764b0088fcc38b33c8a9f678da83918
Step 3: Install the Checkout plugin from Packagist in Magento
Please note: these steps are also necessary when you need to update the Sendcloud Checkout plugin.
In your SSH session, run the following commands to install the checkout plugin.
- Install the Sendcloud Checkout plugin:
composer require sendcloud/sendcloud-v2Note: If you run into the error Allowed memory size of N bytes exhausted while executing this step, try running the following command with the memory limit temporarily disabled:
php -d memory_limit=-1 /usr/local/bin/composer require sendcloud/sendcloud-v2
- Enable the Sendcloud Checkout plugin:
php bin/magento module:enable SendCloud_SendCloudV2
- Update the Magento installation:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Once you've completed the above steps, the Checkout plugin should be installed. The next step in the installation process is to go to your Magento admin panel and proceed from there.
Step 4: Activate the Checkout plugin
- Go to your Magento admin panel:
- Navigate to System > Integrations:
- In the Integrations page, click on
Activatenext to the Sendcloud plugin:
In your Sendcloud panel, as a beta user you will now be able to select the Checkout tab. Under Not configured* you should see your Magento v2.4 integration listed.
*Once you've configured the Checkout feature for this integration, it will appear under Active checkouts.
How to display the name of your webshop in the Checkout tab
- You can change the name of the integration by going to Settings > Integrations
- Find your Magento v2.4 integration and click
- In the Magento v2.4 settings page, enter the name of your webshop in the Name field
Savewhen you’re done
- The name of your webshop should now appear above the integration in the Checkout tab
All done! If you’ve followed the steps above, you’re ready to go ahead and start configuring your checkout: How to configure the checkout