Purpose: In this article we will run you through the steps you need to take to install the Checkout plugin for your Magento v2.4 webshop integration.
Step 1: Connect to your Magento shop
- Connect to your Magento shop using SSH:
ssh (username)@(host) -p(N)
- Navigate to the location of the Magento installation composer.json file:
Step 2: Install the Checkout plugin from Packagist in Magento
Please note: these steps are also necessary when you need to update the Sendcloud Checkout plugin.
In your SSH session, run the following commands to install the checkout plugin.
- Install the Sendcloud Checkout plugin:
composer require sendcloud/sendcloud-v2Note: If you run into the error Allowed memory size of N bytes exhausted while executing this step, try running the following command with the memory limit temporarily disabled:
php -d memory_limit=-1 /usr/local/bin/composer require sendcloud/sendcloud-v2
- Enable the Sendcloud Checkout plugin:
php bin/magento module:enable SendCloud_SendCloudV2
- Update the Magento installation:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Once you've completed the above steps, the Checkout plugin should be installed. The next step in the installation process is to go to your Magento admin panel and proceed from there.
Step 2.a Cache Flush & Log out
- Go to System > Cache management, and click
Flush Magento Cache
- When you see the message "Cache is cleaned successfully", you are required to logout of your Magento Admin interface.
- Once you're logged out, log back in once again.
Step 3: Activate the Checkout plugin
- Go to your Magento admin panel:
- Navigate to System > Integrations:
- In the Integrations page, click on
Activatenext to the Sendcloud plugin:
In your Sendcloud panel, as a beta user you will now be able to select the Checkout tab. Under Not configured* you should see your Magento v2.4 integration listed.
*Once you've configured the Checkout feature for this integration, it will appear under Active checkouts.
How to display the name of your webshop in the Checkout tab
- You can change the name of the integration by going to Settings > Integrations
- Find your Magento v2.4 integration and click
- In the Magento v2.4 settings page, enter the name of your webshop in the Name field
Savewhen you’re done
- The name of your webshop should now appear above the integration in the Checkout tab
All done! If you’ve followed the steps above, you’re ready to go ahead and start configuring your checkout: How to configure the checkout