Purpose: Learn how to process incoming orders with a nominated day delivery method via the Sendcloud Checkout feature.
How can my customers select a delivery day?
Once you’ve configured your checkout and added pricing, your customers will be able to select a nominated delivery day up to 7 days ahead on the checkout page of your online store.
- After entering their billing and shipping address information, the nominated day picker is displayed
- The shipping costs will be shown alongside the name you gave to your shipping product during checkout configuration
- The logo of the shipping carrier is displayed above the option to select a nominated day
- Clicking on a date will confirm it as the nominated delivery date
- Once they have selected their preferred date, customers can continue to confirm their purchase as usual
- The nominated delivery day date will also be displayed on the order summary page to confirm their selection
How do I process my nominated day deliveries in time?
Orders will be imported into your incoming order overview in the Sendcloud panel as normal, however the pre-selected shipping method will now be based on the shipping method you created while configuring your checkout for this delivery zone.
You will now be able to see an additional column in your overview called Parcel handover date.
This column will alert you as to when you need to prepare and handover your parcels to the carrier in order for them to be delivered to your customer on time.
- Orders which must be processed today before your cut-off time will appear with the following icon:
- If your orders cannot be processed before your cut-off time, or are in the past, a visual cue will alert you so that you can prioritize these delayed orders or inform your customer. Orders which are overdue will appear as follows:
- Orders which are not overdue or due for handover today will indicate the handover date without a visual cue, as shown below:
How to filter your orders by handover date
You can also filter your orders using the
+add filter button by parcel handover date. This allows you or your pickers and packers to see an overview of parcels that are due for handover today or schedule which orders must be processed in the coming days.
You can filter by parcel handover dates in the following time frames:
- Overdue (before today)
- Due within the next 3 days
- Due within the next 7 days
Q: I don’t want to see the Parcel handover date because I’m not using the Checkout feature. What do I do?A: You can filter your column view by clicking the column selector button
≡, located next to the search bar in the incoming order overview. For more information about filtering your orders, see the following article: How to use the +add filter function.
How to process your orders
You can process your orders as usual, by selecting them individually based on handover date, or using the filters to select all orders within a certain handover delivery date.
Create labels to print your labels.
Q: Why can't I change the shipping method of a nominated day order in the incoming order overview?
Modifying the shipping method of an imported nominated day order is currently not possible. This option will be made available soon.