Purpose: In this article we explain how you can add prices for nominated day, same day and standard delivery in WooCommerce. These delivery costs will then be displayed to your customers at checkout via the Sendcloud Checkout feature.
Add pricing to your WooCommerce store checkout
Once you’ve configured and published your checkout, you need to add prices to the delivery products you’ll be offering to your customers. Adding pricing is done in the WooCommerce dashboard.
Not sure how much to charge for delivery costs? You can always check the price calculator directly from your Sendcloud panel.
Follow the steps below to add your delivery costs to your checkout page.
Step 1: Check that your checkout configuration is successfully integrated
- In your WooCommerce dashboard go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
- You should see that your delivery zone appears in the list of Shipping zones as shown below
- Click on the shipping zone (e.g. Netherlands)
- You should see that the shipping product you created appears as a shipping method and with Nominated Day Delivery in the description
Step 2: Create shipping classes in WooCommerce
First thing’s first - make sure you’ve created some shipping classes in your WooCommerce dashboard and associated them with your products. Not sure how to do this? You can check out the following article: Product Shipping Classes - WooCommerce
Already set up your shipping classes? Then proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Add pricing to your shipping zone
Now it’s time to add pricing for your checkout delivery method.
- In your WooCommerce dashboard, go to Settings > Shipping > Shipping zones and hover over the name of your shipping zone (e.g. Netherlands)
- Under Shipping methods hover over the name of your delivery product (e.g. PostNL Signature Required)
- Under the section Shipping class costs, you can begin to enter pricing for your shipping classes
- Next to each shipping class enter the price you want to charge (e.g. “10kg” shipping class cost - 5.00)
- Next to No shipping class cost enter a flat fee for orders which aren’t associated with a shipping class
- You can also Enable Free Shipping by selecting
Yesfrom the dropdown menu
- If you choose to offer free shipping, enter a Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping in the appropriate field
Save changeswhen you’re done editing
How your checkout will appear
Once you’ve added your pricing, it will be displayed to your customers at the checkout page. Now they can select their nominated delivery day and they will be charged for the appropriate delivery fee.
The cost of delivery will appear next to the name of the carrier and shipping method in the checkout page.
Your checkout is live! Want to learn more about how nominated day, standard and same day deliveries will appear in your incoming order overview?
Follow the next articles to learn how to:
Stuck? Check this article: Checkout feature FAQ's & Troubleshooting for WooCommerce