Purpose: In this article we will run you through the short steps you need to take to install the Checkout plugin for your WooCommerce webshop integration.
Step 1: Install the plugin
- In your WooCommerce back end, go to Plugins
- Click Add new
- Search for Sendcloud in the search bar
- Click Install now
- If you have already installed the Sendcloud plugin, in your WooCommerce back end go to Plugins and ensure Enable auto-updates is selected.
▼ Q: Can I test the new Checkout product without it appearing in my live shop environment?Yes! You can create a subdomain in your shop, or use another domain as a test environment. Be sure to install the Sendcloud plugin 2.0 and to connect the test shop in your Sendcloud account by following this installation guide.
Step 2: Connect to your Sendcloud account
Now it’s time to connect the plugin with your Sendcloud account by following these steps:
- In the dashboard, select WooCommerce from the left sidebar menu
- Select Sendcloud from the available tabs
- Select the button
Connect with Sendcloud
- Enter your Sendcloud email address and password to authenticate the connection to your Sendcloud panel and click
In your Sendcloud panel, as a beta user you will now be able to select the Checkout tab. Under Not configured* you should see your WooCommerce integration listed.
*Once you've configured the Checkout feature for this integration, it will appear under Active checkouts.
▼ How to display the name of your webshop in the Checkout tab
- You can change the name of the integration by going to Settings > Integrations
- Find your WooCommerce integration and click
- In the WooCommerce settings page, enter the name of your webshop in the Name field
Savewhen you’re done
- The name of your webshop should now appear above the integration in the Checkout tab
All done! If you’ve followed the steps above, you’re ready to go ahead and start configuring your checkout: How to configure the checkout