Purpose: In this article we will run you through the short steps you need to take to install the Checkout plugin for your WooCommerce webshop integration.
Step 1a: Install the plugin
- In your WooCommerce back end, go to Plugins
- Search for Sendcloud in the search bar
- If you have already installed the Sendcloud plugin, in your WooCommerce back end go to Plugins and ensure Enable auto-updates is selected.
Step 1b: Install the beta version of the plugin
Installation for beta users
If you are a beta user and want to test same day and standard checkout delivery functionalities, please ensure you manually install the Sendcloud 2.1.0 version of the plugin by following these steps:
- In your Woocommerce back end go to Plugins
Upload Pluginand choose the zip file for the beta release from your computer or device
Replace current with uploaded
All done! If you run into any issues and want to revert to an older version, you can download the 2.0.3 version from the marketplace here.
Q: Can I test the new Checkout product without it appearing in my live shop environment?Yes! You can create a subdomain in your shop, or use another domain as a test environment. Be sure to install the Sendcloud plugin 2.0 and to connect the test shop in your Sendcloud account by following this installation guide.
Step 2: Connect to your Sendcloud account
Now it’s time to connect the plugin with your Sendcloud account by following these steps:
- In the dashboard, select WooCommerce from the left sidebar menu, and then Settings
- Select Sendcloud from the available tabs
- Select the button
Connect with Sendcloud
- Enter your Sendcloud email address and password to authenticate the connection to your Sendcloud panel and click
In your Sendcloud panel, as a beta user you will now be able to select the Checkout tab. Under Not configured* you should see your WooCommerce integration listed.
*Once you've configured the Checkout feature for this integration, it will appear under Active checkouts.
How to display the name of your webshop in the Checkout tab
- You can change the name of the integration by going to Settings > Integrations
- Find your WooCommerce integration and click
- In the WooCommerce settings page, enter the name of your webshop in the Name field
Savewhen you’re done
- The name of your webshop should now appear above the integration in the Checkout tab
All done! If you’ve followed the steps above, you’re ready to go ahead and start configuring your checkout: How to configure the checkout