Purpose: This is a guide on how to integrate with the Kings software API. You should receive documentation from Kings software to do this. This article is a synopis of the key requirements.
Kings software is an ERP solution that improves webshop and warehouse processing and management. The Soundcloud Integration assists users in automating their business processes. In order to integrate through the Sendcloud API, you will need to configure your settings in Kings software and the Soundcloud panel. Before integrating please ensure the following settings are configured in Kings software before integrating with Sendcloud:
- "King 5.57" or higher must be installed.
- In order to assign your customer, the user must be created and ODBC link activated in Kings : Go to "General" > "Administration" > "External access" > "External".
- "Web service v2" must be configured and running.
- Kings software Integration docs and Design Specifications. If you have not received the documentation please contact email@example.com
- A Sendcloud account
- Create an account via our reseller link: https://panel.sendcloud.sc/accounts/signup?r=338
- Install Sendcloud App: Provide https://www.sendcloud.nl/print-app/ (this is used to print labels(remote) access to the Windows server on which the task is to be installed.)
- Provide an installed printer on which labels can be printed (usually a Zebra printer). The printer must be accessible from the server on which the Sendcloud connection will run.
Configuration in King
The following steps must be performed within Kings Software.
Please note: You should have receiced this documentation from Kings software and the design specifications. You will need both to Integrate with Sendcloud. If you have not received the documentation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create free table 910 with associated free fields
- Create free field(s) Order(s)
- Via "Help > "Information about King">"Administration"> "Script name"> "Execute SendCloud.ercfields"
- Go to "Values" in "Freetable 910" (these must correspond with the corresponding delivery conditions), the table you can initially fill in via "Sendcloud.exe / shipping_methods"
- Under Fixed data orders go to "invoicing" > "Shipping">"add carrier SendCloud"(this maybe already set as default
- Create a "package type" with "quantity 1", do not allow editing. (Each package has its own package - multicolli shipments are not (yet) supported by SendCloud)
Configuration in Sendcloud
- Create an API Integration in the Sendcloud panel by going to >"Settings">"Integrations"
- Locate and select "connect to Sendcloud API"
- Name the link "King" and choose "Save".
- A public and secret key is generated. These will be needed in the step of configuring the "SendCloud.exe.config" in Kings software
- Copy the "SendCloud.exe" and associated files in a folder on the customer's server
- Configure the "SendCloud.exe.config" (this can be done with Notepad or Notepad ++, for example). The SendCloud.exe.config file is an XML containing parameters. These must be filled with the correct settings. You should have received a PDF with the design describes the parameters for Kings software after requesting the "King2SendCloud". If you have not received the documentation please contact email@example.com
- Starting the "SendCloud.exe" is the easiest via the command prompt (cmd). You can then follow what the program does and which notifications come back
- If everything works properly, you can schedule the execution of via Windows Task Scheduler
Create a test label
- Finally, create and deliver a test order to check whether the communication to Sendcloud is functioning correctly and the label (if configured) is coming out correctly. (You can cancel the test shipment via the Sendcloud portal). See this article on how to create a test label.