Do you want to benefit the Sendcloud platform but already have your own improved shipping rates with your chosen carrier? Not to worry - in this article we will talk you through how you can connect your carrier contract with your Sendcloud account so you can continue to ship on your current rates while experiencing the benefits of out easy to use, all-in-one shipping solution.
Note: you must have a contract with GLS france in order to ship with GLS through Sendcloud. Contact GLS via the website or by email to create an account, then proceed with the steps below when your account is activated.
Step 1: Activate your Sendcloud subscription
You must be subscribed to the Small Shop plan and upwards to connect your own carrier contract. You will receive a 14-day free trial when you subscribe to one of our subscription plans, from which point on our pricing is simple and transparent. You can compare our pricing options here.
A confirmation message will tell you that your subscription is activated. Make sure that you have activated direct debit beforehand - click here for help setting up payment via direct debit in your account.
Step 2: Enable your carrier contract
Once your subscription is active, go to Settings > Carriers & pricing > My contracts and click on "Add your own contract." Look for the GLS logo in the list of available carriers and click "Add a Contract".
Step 3: Enter your GLS account details
Complete the form with the information below and click "Save" when you are done.
- Username: "1234567891-api" (14 characters)
- Password: "12345" (5 characters)
- Customer Number: "12345678" (8 characters)
- Contact ID: "123AAAAA2BDE" (10 characters)
GLS General Shipping Conditions (France)
Weight & Dimensions
The Sendcloud user agrees to send packages in which the dimensions and weights comply with the conditions included in their own UPS contract. A surcharge may be levied for parcels which exceed these dimensions. Read here for more information on UPS surcharges.
Max weight: 30kg
Max length: 200cm
Max width: 80cm
Max height: 60cm
Max dimensions*: must not exceed 300cm
*Calculated as follows: (1xlongest side) x (2xwidth) x (2xheight)
- When shipping a parcel with GLS via Sendcloud, you agree not to send any goods prohibited by law or subject to a national/international transport ban.
- The shipments of goods considered/classified as "dangerous" is strictly prohibited.
- UPS can refuse to transport goods considered to be dangerous or which pose human/material risk.
- The shipment of the following goods is prohibited: War material or equivalent, weapons, precious metals, currency, precious stones and jewels, stamps, human beings or animals, living insects, funeral ashes and relics, organs , food and frozen products, antiques, art, paintings and all the other products listed in the European Agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road.
We advise you to also read the general GLS Terms and Conditions for more information and to avoid unwanted surcharges.
Congratulations! You can now benefit from your regular GLS rates while shipping with Sendcloud!
If you still need help setting up your contract or with your account, contact us at email@example.com by creating a support ticket from your Sendcloud platform. For parcel disputes, the case will be dealt with directly by your UPS account manager or customer service representative.