Purpose: Learn how to connect your own UPS carrier contract with your Sendcloud account in three easy steps.
You must have a contract with UPS in order to ship with UPS in France through Sendcloud. To aquire a UPS contract. contact UPS via their website.
Step 1: Activate your Sendcloud subscription
Sendcloud offers three subscriptions with which you are able to use your own transport contract: Small shop, Large shop and the Business plan.
For more information regarding which plan is best for you and the needs of your business, you can always contact us via the support section of your Sendcloud account or click here.
Step 2: Connect your UPS contract
Once you have activated a Sendcloud subscription, you can connect your carrier contract.
In your Sendcloud panel navigate to Settings > Carriers & Pricing. Find UPS in the list of carriers and press enable. Then go to the My contracts tab and find UPS from the list. click Add contract. Here you can add the credentials needed to validate the connection to UPS.
Step 3: Enter your UPS account details
Complete the form with the information below and click "Save" when you are done. You can find this information in myUPS or by contacting your account manager.
- Username: "myUPS ID" (for example: "SENDC_UPS"). Where can you find your myUPS ID? Login to UPS with your e-mail address and enter the password. Your account must be linked to a UPS customer number. This requires a current UPS invoice and/or an active account.
- Password: myUPS password
- UPS Access Key: "UPS Developer Key" (16 characters ex: "1234ABCD1234ABCD"). Once logged into your UPS account, you will need to integrate UPS Technology, download the shipping APIs and request an Access Key. You can do this by accessing the UPS Developer Kit. For the access key, click "Request an access key" . The "Secondary Contact Information" section must be completed. You can access UPS developer documentation by clicking here (FR) or here (EN).
- Account Number: "UPS account reference" (6 characters e.g. "12A3B4")
You can find this information in myUPS or by contacting your account manager/sales representative. If you have not received your login/access information, please contact your UPS sales representative and provide him/her with the information requested above. They will be able to provide you with access to your UPS contract.
Done! Once you've followed the steps above, your UPS contract should now be successfully linked to your Sendcloud platform and you can begin shipping on your UPS rates. When you create a label with a UPS shipping method, the label price will now show as 0.00 EUR in your account.
UPS General Shipping Conditions (France)
Weight & Dimensions
The Sendcloud user agrees to send packages in which the dimensions and weights comply with the conditions included in their own UPS contract. A surcharge may be levied for parcels which exceed these dimensions. Read here for more information on UPS surcharges.
- Maximum weight: 70kg
- Maximum length: 274cm
- Length x width x height: the combined dimensions, divided by 5000, must not exceed 419cm
- When shipping a parcel with UPS via Sendcloud, you agree not to send any goods prohibited by law or subject to a national/international transport ban.
- The shipments of goods considered/classified as "dangerous" is strictly prohibited.
- UPS can refuse to transport goods considered to be dangerous or which pose human/material risk.
- The shipment of the following goods is prohibited: War material or equivalent, weapons, precious metals, currency, precious stones and jewels, stamps, human beings or animals, living insects, funeral ashes and relics, organs , food and frozen products, antiques, art, paintings and all the other products listed in the European Agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road.
We advise you to familiarise yourself with the general UPS Terms and Conditions for more information and to avoid unwanted surcharges.