Purpose: learn how you can offer your customers the option of having parcels delivered through service points. You can easily implement it on Shopify thanks to Sendcloud in less than 5 minutes by following the steps below.
Step 1: Enable Service Points
- In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Integrations and click edit to change the settings of your shop.
- Tick the box Service Points and the carrier for which you want to activate this delivery option (for instance, a standard and an express delivery option).
Step 2: Configure shipping zones in Shopify
- Go back to your Shopify back-end and go to Settings and then Shipping and delivery.
- Then click on Manage rates next to the shipping profiles.
- You will find shipping zones that have already been created by Shopify. Those include, for example, your domestic country.
- To add your preferences, you can choose the shipping zone for Service Point Delivery. In this example, we will add it to our domestic country (The Netherlands).
- Add a rate and select "Custom flat rate (no transit time)" in the dropdown menu
- Name it Service Point Delivery
Note: Sendcloud allows you to display the service point selection map on your Shopify website, however a limitation from Shopify makes it possible to display the map only after payment. You can therefore add after the mandatory title '(the selection map only displays after payment)'.
Tips: If you want to display separated maps for each carrier you have activated, you have to create a shipping method for each one of them by using using the following title 'Service Point Delivery + Name of the carrier'. For instance :
- Service Point Delivery UPS
- Service Point Delivery PostNL
How to add rates for Service Point delivery