Offering your customers the option of having parcels delivered through service points can increase your shop conversion rate up to 30%. It is also becoming one of the most popular delivery options in Europe. You can easily implement it on Shopify thanks to Sendcloud in less than 5 minutes by following the steps below.
Step 1: Enable Service Points
1. In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Integrations and click on the pen to change settings of your shop.
2. Tick the box Service Points and the carrier for which you want to activate this delivery option (for instance, a standard and an express delivery option).
Step 2: Configure shipping zones in Shopify
3. Back to your Shopify back-end click on 'Settings' and 'Shipping'.
4. Then click on Manage rates next to the shipping profiles.
You will find shipping zones that have already been created by Shopify. Those include, for example, your domestic country. To your preferences, you can choose the shipping zone for the service point delivery. In this example we will add it to our domestic country: The Netherlands. Add a rate and call it Service Point Delivery - please make sure to spell it correctly because it permits Sendcloud to recognize that the interactive selection map has to be displayed.
Note: Sendcloud allows you to display the service point selection map on your Shopify website, however a limitation from Shopify makes it possible to display the map only after payment. You can therefore add after the mandatory title '(the selection map only displays after payment)'.
Tips: If you want to display separated maps for each carrier you have activated, you have to create a shipping method for each one of them by using using the following title 'Service Point Delivery + Name of the carrier'. For instance :
- Service Point Delivery UPS
- Service Point Delivery PostNL
Good to know
- "service point delivery" in English
- "servicepunt levering" in Dutch
- "Paketshopzustellung" in German
- "livraison en point relais" in French
Feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form. Create a new ticket from the 'Support' section and select 'Questions about a webshop integration' as type of support.