The insurer will reimburse the purchase value + the shipping costs of the shipment when a claim is approved.
Before you send with the SendCloud Insurance make sure you have read the Terms and Conditions carefully. When you apply this insurance to your shipment, you automatically agree with the conditions.
Your package goes between large numbers of other packages and is transported by sorting machines via conveyor belts and sorting-machines. Packages are stacked in containers on top and against each other, therefor it is very important that your package is well protected. The package must be able to withstand a fall of 100 cm, regardless of whether it comes down to a flat side or a corner. The package must also be resistant to rain, wind, snow and other forms of precipitation and atmospheric pressure differences.
Make sure your package is packed in a sturdy box (fitting to the contents), with good buffering, careful, firm and shockproof. Tune the packaging according to the vulnerability, the weight and the size of the content, so your package can be delivered undamaged and on time.
What are the requirements for you package?:
- Use a new box that has not been affected by previous use. The original packaging from the manufacturer is also affected by previous use. Often they have been designed for storage and not for shipping purpose.
- Use a new box that has not yet been affected by moisture and has not yet suffered from previous use. Make sure that you can not trace on the outside what is on the inside.
- Carefully close the box with heavy-duty tape (preferably reinforced) and apply at least three strips on both the top and the bottom of the box so that the middle seam and side seams are closed.
- Only use protective material with a high density to fill the box and to protect the contents. Foam flakes and crumpled paper are not suitable because they are flattened under the weight. Custom made corrugated board or special polystyrene inserts work better and also give more stiffness to the outer box.
Loss, damage or non-arrival of a parcel that is insufficiently packaged based on the packaging requirements or incorrectly addressed is not eligible for a claim.
Having a label that describes the contents of the package is not mandatory. The responsibility for packaging (inside and outside packaging) and labeling of the packages as well as providing documentation regarding the contents of packages, in accordance with the findable requirements, rests solely with the sending party.
Claiming for a lost shipment
For a lost shipment, the insuree must wait ten (10) days within Europe from the last electronic scan by the carrier to submit a claim. For shipments outside of Europe this is fifteen (15) days from the last electronic scan.
For shipments which have not been scanned by the carrier, the insured person must wait up to fifteen (15) days for submitting a claim for shipments within Europe, for shipments outside Europe twenty (20) days apply. This is to give the carrier sufficient time to deliver the shipment.
When a package is not traceable but has been lost by the carrier, the insured must be able to hand over a pick-up report (can be made from your SendCloud account) or proof of delivery to the post office ( the pick-up report may be used). If this can not be provided, the claim will be rejected as it would no be possible to prove that the package was actually delivered to the transporting party.
Claiming for a damaged shipment
If damage is caused when delivering a package, the damage must be reported within 14 days after receipt of the shipment. If the damage is reported after the tenth day, the claim is rejected by the insurer.
A damaged shipment can only be claimed once it is returned to the sender. If the damaged shipment is held by the addressee and a claim is submitted, it will be rejected.
The repair costs incurred for the damaged shipment by the sender can be claimed.
For additional inspection the insurance company can request the damaged item, of course the shipping costs will also be reimbursed. So make sure you keep the item until the claim is completed.
Claiming a non delivered shipment
To claim for undelivered shipment, the insuree must wait 20 days for domestic shipments and 30 days days for international shipments to open a non delivery claim.
All claims must be submitted in full within ninety (90) days of shipment in order to be honored. The insured person sends a completed claim form via his/her SendCloud account. From there you select the parcel you want to open a claim for and you select one of the option from the bottom right button "Get help" as shown below:
When submitting a claim, you need the following information:
- original purchase invoice from the shipper
- copy of the original invoice from the sender to the recipient
- picture of the package with visible shipping label
- photo of the content of the package (in case of damage to the shipment, 5 photos of the damage)
- photo of any damage incurred (in case of damage to the shipment)
- a written declaration from the recipient that the package has not been received or has been damaged
Documents for loss: pick-up report, proof of delivery at post office, proof of receipt that the shipment has not been delivered and the invoices as described in claims. Mediation costs and insurance costs are not covered by the insurance.
Overall claim reporting
All claims must be filed within ninety (90) days of shipment to be honored. The insuree will submit a completed claim form, copy of the original purchase invoice and retail invoice, an affidavit (an e-mail stating the loss/damage of the parcel will be sufficient) from the intended recipient, proof of damage if applicable and any additional documentation requested to substantiate the loss. Coverage does not include handling fees and insurance fees. All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs), or replacement costs have been made, must, on request, be returned to the sender. Failure to hold the damaged property until the claim is fully resolved will result in the claim's being denied. The sender always needs a proof of damage or loss has to be handed over to the insurance.
With the exception of insurance
The following items and / or products are excluded from the insurance (unless endorsed in writing):
- Flowers and plants
- Fine art
- Cotton (in its processed / unprocessed form)
- Fresh foods
- Live animals
- Loose precious stones and metals
- Securities and other negotiable papers
- Personal good
- Bulk products
- Laptop computers
- Computer chips and similar memory devices
- Mobile Phones
Countries that are excluded from insurance:
- Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Burma, Iran, Iraq, Congo, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nigeria, North Korea, Paraguay, Somalia, Syria, Zimbabwe, Russia, Ukraine.
*Any other country that is or may become Embargoed by the United States or United Nations as sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
The insurance is made possible by Online Shipping Insurance Services Inc. They assess the claims submitted by the SendCloud users. SendCloud can not be held responsible or legally responsible for the outcome of a claim.
If you have any additional questions about the insurance, let us know via the contact form .