Purpose: Learn how to connect your Amazon seller account to Sendcloud by following the guide below.
Step 1: Connect to Amazon's developer site
- Go to Amazon Marketplace Web Service and choose 'Register as a developer' on the front page.
- Log in with your professional seller account.
- After login you will be directed to the user permissions screen of your Amazon Seller account. On this page, click the button 'Visit Manage Your Apps' in the section 'Third-party developer and apps'.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can manage your apps. Click the button 'Authorise new developer'.
- This button will open a new screen where you can enter the Developer's name and developer ID. On this page fill in the following:
- Developer's Name: SendCloud
- Developer ID: 3244-7764-4129
- Check all the following boxes:
- 'I have read and and accepted the Amazon MWS Licence Agreement.'
- 'I understand that I take complete responsibility for the acts and omissions of Sendcloud regarding my Amazon selling account and hereby direct Amazon to allow Sendcloud to access my Amazon selling account.'
Step 2: Connect your marketplace to Sendcloud
The next page will display all the information and keys you need to copy to Sendcloud.
Seller account identifiers for Seller Account Name
- Seller ID
- Marketplace ID
- MWS Authorisation Token
Please note: The marketplace ID is standard for every country, so you will only have to select the country of your marketplace on your Sendcloud panel. Make sure to select the right country.
To enter the above information in to Sendcloud to complete the connection, do as follows:
- Settings > Integrations.
- Locate the Amazon module to configure the integration. Copy all necessary keys from your Amazon MWS page to the following page.
- In the field "Name", enter the name of your Amazon store. On this page, you can choose whether to import the weight of the package or not from your shop. You can also define when the status of your orders should be updated in your shop; either when the "parcel is announced to carrier" or when the parcel is "processed at carrier".
- Once you are done you can Save the settings.
Step 3: Add shipping weights to products
To import your orders to Sendcloud you will need to add the "Shipping Weight" to the Amazon listing:
1. Go to enable “Advanced View” and click on “More Details”.
2. Go to the "Shipping Weight" and enter in how much your package weighs.
Policies for integrating with Amazon
- Track & Trace emails are disabled for the Amazon integration due to the updated communication rules brought in on the 6 November 2020. You can read more about Amazon's communication guidelines here.
- As of January 1, 2020 Amazon is changing its data protection policy. Currently, the data for fulfilled orders (PPI) is stored for a period of 1 year. As of this date, we will retain PII for no longer than 30 days after the order delivery and only for the purpose of, and as long as is necessary to fulfill orders (no longer than 30 days after order shipment), or to, (ii) calculate/ and remit taxes, and (iii) produce tax invoices. If we are required by law to retain archival copies of PII for tax or similar regulatory purposes, PII must be stored as a "cold" or offline encrypted backup (e.g., not available for immediate or interactive use) backup stored in a physically secure facility).
Going forward, the Amazon MWS authorizations that grant developers access to seller data will be subject to annual review and renewal by sellers:
- Authorization expiration dates will be set to one year from the initial authorization date.
- Starting one month before the expiration date, sellers will receive weekly email reminders and Seller Central notifications to take action. Sellers are required to review their expiring developer authorization(s) in Seller Central, and either renew or revoke the authorizations. If sellers do not take action the authorization token will be deactivated on the expiration date.
- When an authorization expires, the authorization token is deactivated but not invalidated. This means that a seller can renew an expired authorization which will reinstate the developer access. The developer will use the existing authorization token.
- Sellers can renew or revoke a developer authorization in the Current Authorizations table in the Amazon MWS Developer Permissions section of the User Permissions page of Seller Central. They may access this page at any time at Settings>User Permissions 302 in Seller Central.