Purpose: Learn how to check shipping and return rates thanks to the price list integrated in the Sendcloud panel. You will be able to use filters to search for the carriers and methods that you are interested in, as well as see a summary of their main characteristics.
Why use the price list
With the price list, you can:
- View the rates of all shipping or return methods of a carrier between the origin and destination country of your choice.
- Compare the features and price of all shipping or return methods that a specific carrier offers to choose the method that best adapts to your needs.
- View the most popular shipping methods.
- See the breakdown of the price of a label.
- View zone pricing for those markets and carriers that charge different rates per region (e.g. Correos in Spain).
How to use it
To use the price list feature and view rates, follow these steps:
- In your Sendcloud panel, go to Settings > Rates > Price list
- Enter the country of origin (From country) and the country of destination (To country) of your parcel
- Select the shipping direction of your parcel: Outbound is the default option; if you want to see return rates, click Outbound to see a drop-down menu and select Returns
- Enter the parcel weight
- Select a carrier
- Enter parcel dimensions (optional)
- Click Load prices.
Sort and filter the results
To make it easier for you to compare methods and concentrate only on the ones that you are interested in, you can use filters.
- Click Plan to select the subscription plan for which you want to see the rates
- Click Sort by to see different sorting options and select one from the drop-down menu
- Click + add filter and select the relevant filter from the drop-down menu
- Some filters are applied automatically; for other filters, you will need to click Apply selection
- If you want to add more filters, repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as you need
See price breakdown
You can also see a breakdown of the total price of creating a label with a specific shipping or return method. To do this, first follow the steps listed above to get the results. Once you have all the options, find the relevant one and under the section Total price, click See breakdown.
This price breakdown is also available in the details of an incoming order, before you generate the label, or when you create a label manually.
Enable a shipping method or a carrier
With the price list you will be able to see all the shipping and return methods that we offer, including those that are not enabled in your account. You may also see carriers that are not active in your account. In these cases, the mention "Disabled" will appear under the name of the shipping method.
To enable a shipping method, follow these instructions:
- If the carrier is already active, click Enable shipping method
- If the carrier is not active in your account yet, click Enable carrier > Go to carrier page > Look for the relevant carrier and click Enable. Once you have done this, you can go back to the price list and click Enable shipping method.
Price list vs. Price calculator
Both features are used to display shipping prices. However, there is one main difference: the price calculator allows you to compare different carriers, while the price list shows an overview per carrier. In other words, the price list allows you to view detailed rates and certain features of all methods available for a particular carrier. The price list also supports zone pricing, and allows you to filter your results.
Read more about the price calculator.