Purpose: You can offer your customers the option to have their parcels delivered to a local service point. This is a guide on how you can implement this feature for your Wix integration.
Step 1: Enable service points for Wix in Sendcloud
- In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Integrations
- Find your Wix integration and click Edit
- In the Integration Settings page, mark the checkbox to enable Service points
- Select the carriers you want to enable for service point delivery and Save
Step 2: Enable the Sendcloud app in Wix per shipping region
Once you've activated service points in Sendcloud, you need to enable the Sendcloud app for every shipping region in which you want to offer service point delivery.
- Login to Wix and navigate to Settings > Shipping & fulfilment
- Click on a shipping region
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and toggle the Sendcloud app to activate. Click on the ‘Save’ button after changing the toggle.
- Repeat for every shipping region in Wix for which you want to offer service point delivery
Step 3: Configure shipping rates for service point delivery
Once you've activated service point delivery per shipping region, you need to configure shipping rates per carrier, so you can charge your customers for service point delivery.
- In Wix, navigate to Apps > Manage Apps and find Sendcloud under Installed Apps
- Next to the Sendcloud app, click Open
- In the Sendcloud integration window, click the Configuration tab
- Select each carrier you need to configure service point rates for, and enter a shipping cost under "Configure Sendcloud service point costs"
- Press Save and repeat for every carrier you have enabled for service point delivery. These costs will now be displayed to your customers at checkout when they select a service point delivery method.
Configure additional charges
In this field, you can add any additional costs related to the shipping fee (such as handling costs). This will be added onto the shipping cost, but your customer will not see the individual breakdown at the checkout page.
How to display service point names in local languages
Service point names will be displayed in the main site language. If your webshop is in French, and you see the name Service Point instead of Point Relais, for example, you can correct this as follows:
- Update the site storefront by going to Settings > Language & Region in the Wix back-end
- Tip: if the current site storefront language is already in the language you want to display, change it to a different language, save, and then change it back to your preferred language.
- If the issue still isn't resolved, reinstall the application in Sendcloud under Settings > Integrations