Purpose: In this article we explain how you can give permission for a Sendcloud Agent to access your Sendcloud account in order to support you with troubleshooting issues or setting up your account.
Agent login/account assumption
Account assumption is the term used for when a Sendcloud Agent can access your account to view your settings and parcel information.
If you contact our Support Team because a feature is not working correctly, or because you need help with your account settings, it can be helpful for an agent to remotely access your account. This allows us to troubleshoot issues, determine whether a feature is incorrectly set up or identify a bug in our system.
However, in order for an Agent to have access to your information, you must enable this as a permission in your account. Read on to see how to do so, and how your privacy is protected.
Permissions and privacy
Your privacy, and that of your customers, is of paramount importance to us.
- By default, our Support Agents are not able to view PII (Personal Identifiable Information) for your customers.
- Agents are only able to see parcel data for a specific parcel when you have filed a claim or made an inquiry about the status of said parcel via the Support section of your Sendcloud account.
- We use this information to log and follow up an investigation with the shipping carrier in the event that you require support from us regarding a specific parcel.
- We can therefore only investigate claims which are filed directly from your Sendcloud account via the Support section.
How to give permission for agent login
Sometimes you might need a little extra help. For that purpose, you can enable permission for a Sendcloud Agent to have temporary access to your account via the agent login setting.
You can choose to grant access to your account for a set amount of time, and you can withdraw access rights at any time. When this permission is granted, Agents will be able to view your customer’s PII, and will be able to change or modify your settings or information in order to assist you with any issues you’re experiencing.
Agents will not be able to:
- Change, add or access direct debit information
- Export your parcel information via a CCV file
- Delete your account
- Delete a parcel
To grant agent login permission:
- In your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Account
- Scroll down the page until you see the Agent login section
- Under the dropdown menu permission duration, select for how long you want to enable remote access by a Sendcloud Agent
Grant permissionwhen you've made your choice
To revoke permission:
- Click the
Revoke permissionbutton under the same section
If you need extra help with this feature, or any other, you can always contact us by logging a support ticket from your Sendcloud account.