Purpose: Learn how to connect your own UPS carrier contract with your Sendcloud account in these easy steps.
You must have a contract with UPS in order to ship with UPS UK through Sendcloud. To aquire a UPS contract. contact UPS via their website.
Step 1: Activate your Sendcloud subscription
Sendcloud offers three subscriptions with which you are able to use your own transport contract: Small shop, Large shop and the Business plan.
For more information regarding which plan is best for you and the needs of your business, you can always contact us via the support section of your Sendcloud account or click here.
Step 2: Connect your UPS contract
Once you have activated a Sendcloud subscription, you can connect your carrier contract.
In your Sendcloud panel navigate to Settings > Carriers & Pricing. Find UPS in the list of carriers and press enable. Then go to the My contracts tab and find UPS from the list. click Add contract. Here you can add the credentials needed to validate the connection to UPS.
Step 3: Enter your UPS account details
You will need to enter the following details into the correct fields and click Save when you are done. You can find this information in myUPS or by contacting your account manager/sales representative. If you have not received your login/access information, please contact your UPS sales representative and provide him/her with the information requested above. They will be able to provide you with access to your UPS contract.
- Username/ "myUPS ID": (for example: "SENDC_UPS").
- Where can you find your myUPS ID? Login to UPS with your e-mail address and password. Your account must be linked to a UPS customer number. This requires a current UPS invoice and/or an active account. If you don't have access to this environment you can request access through your UPS Account Manager.
- Password: this is your myUPS password.
- Account Number: "UPS account reference" (6 characters e.g. "12A3B4").
- UPS Access Key/"UPS Developer Key":(16 characters ex: "1234ABCD1234ABCD").
How to find your UPS Access/Developer Key
Once logged into your UPS account, you will need to integrate UPS Technology, download the shipping APIs and request an Access Key. Follow the steps below to find this information.
- Once logged in to MyUPS, access the UPS Developer Kit by clicking here.
- Click on the "Manage Access Key" button and scroll down to the section "Request New Access Key".
- You will be redirected to an environment with your contact details. If your contact details are not pre-filled, please enter them. When the data is complete, click on the "Request Access Key" button:
If successful you will see the following screen containing UPS Access Key. Make sure the "Access Type" states "Production". This is the UPS Access Key, you will need to fill in the Sendcloud environment.
Done! Once you've followed the steps above, your UPS contract should now be successfully linked to your Sendcloud platform and you can begin shipping on your UPS rates. When you create a label with a UPS shipping method, the label price will now show as 0.00 EUR in your account.