Purpose: find out how to easily connect your Exact Online shop with Sendcloud. You don't need any development skills and you can do it in less than 5 minutes by following the next steps.
Step 1: Download and install the Sendcloud application
- Download and install the application via the Exact App Center. Use the Exact App Center search functionality to find and install the Sendcloud Exact Online application.
- Select the application in the side window and click on the Try Now button on the top right corner to continue the installation process.
- After clicking the button, it will open a log in screen to enter your Exact Online credentials. After authorisation, you will be redirected to the Sendcloud authentication screen (exactonline.sendcloud.com) where you must enter the credentials for your Sendcloud account.
Note: You can check all your connected apps directly from Exact Online by navigating to Marketplace > My App Center.
Step 2: Connect to Sendcloud
- After a successful login, you will be able to see the login screen. Please note that for each Exact Online Divisions (shown in the respective tabs) you will have to connect again to Sendcloud by clicking on the correct tab.
- Please select your division and login to your Sendcloud account. Once the login is successful the dashboard screen will be shown. Synchronisation will start running in the background with a default configuration. It will sync all of the orders with are approved and with the status open from the last 30 days into your Incoming Order Overview in the Sendcloud platform.
- In the Configuration tab you can choose the following options:
- Choose if the label creation should be done automatically when a new Goods Delivery is created
- Map your sender address from Sendcloud to every specific ExactOnline warehouse
- Choose if service points should be enabled and which field from the SalesOrder entity will be mapped to the service point location ID:
- Configure your default customs information by setting a default shipment type, country of origin and HS codes. HS codes can be mapped to the custom field per product.
- This information will be mapped to Sendcloud and used for generating customs documentation and commercial invoices when shipping internationally.
Whenever a configuration is changed and saved, the application will update all orders in Sendcloud with new information.
Goods delivery synchronisation
- If you have chosen to set "automatically create label" in the configuration, you have the option to create a label in Sendcloud for your orders directly from the Exact Online backend by creating a corresponding Goods Delivery. To create Goods Delivery on Exact Online please go to Sales > Orders > Overview. A list of the existing sales orders will be displayed.
- Click on the order number of the order for which you want to create a Goods Delivery.
- On the specific sales order page, click on the Deliver button, and then on Process.
- A parcel for the specific sales order will be created in Sendcloud under Shipping > Created labels.
- A Goods Delivery will be updated with the information from Sendcloud (tracking number, tracking url and a label). To see a tracking url, please click on Remarks, and in a popup field, the tracking URL will be displayed.
- If the application fails to create a parcel, this sales order will be shown under the Logs section. Please go to the Sendcloud panel, fix errors and create labels through the Sendcloud panel. the order will be removed from the logs and the Goods Delivery will be updated with the tracking information.
Example: In this case, in the order below, a house number has to be filled in.
Access the middleware configuration in Exact Online.
- In Exact Online, click on Marketplaces > My App Centre.
- From the app center, click on Start.
- You will be asked to log in again with your Exact Online account.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to Sendcloud, Click on Configuration.