Purpose: This is a guide on receiving reimbursement from UPS express. For certain services and destinations, UPS offers a free money-back guarantee whereby shipping costs could be refunded if your parcel does not reach it's intended destination within the delivery time indicated.
What is the UPS Money-back-Guarantee
You can calculate whether your parcel qualifies for this reimbursement by going to the UPS "Calculate Delivery Time" tool and entering your parcel details.
The money-back guarantee applies if a shipment is delivered outside the time commitment given on the tool, and allows you to request a reimbursement or credit for the shipping charges (or part-payment in cases where only some of the packages in a shipment fail to be delivered in time) net of VAT, duties, taxes or levies.
In order to qualify for the reimbursement, the following conditions must also be met:
- All necessary shipping documents required by the country of origin or destination or the country of transit must be filled in completely and accurately and enclosed/attached as required to the package
- The address label must show the receiver's correct name, delivery address and postcode
- If applicable, the package must have a sticker for Saturday delivery (for destinations where this service is available)
- You must send your request to UPS in writing or by telephone within 15 days of the date of the scheduled delivery and provide them with the recipient's name/address/shipping date/package weight and UPS contol number
- The shipment must not require any additional handling (see description on additional handling surcharge at www.ups.com)
The money-back guarantee does not apply if the delay in delivery is due to the following circumstances:
- The package does not comply with the service restrictions and conditions listed in the UPS conditions of carriage;
- Circumstances for which UPS is not responsible (force majeure);
- The suspension of freight or the exercise of a right of retention in accordance with our conditions of carriage.
For more information please visit the terms and conditions page on the UPS website.