Purpose: See how you can arrange for a carrier to collect parcels directly from your location, either on a fixed day per week or as a one-off incidental pickup.
What is a pickup?
You can request that a carrier collects parcels directly from your warehouse or store location. There are two types of available pickups:
- Incidental (one-off) pickups, which you can arrange through the Sendcloud panel for specific carriers on an ad-hoc basis; or
- Recurring (fixed) pickups which you can arrange to occur every week on a set day.
Arranging incidental pickups through the panel requires a Small Shop subscription plan or higher. You can also opt to drop your parcels off at a service point of your chosen carrier.
Please make sure that you have printed off a pickup report before your parcel collection. The delivery driver must sign and date this report at the time of collection and you must retain this documentation for your own records. This document serves as proof of collection and will be requested in order to file a claim for lost or damaged parcels.
You can read all about how to create a pickup report through Sendcloud here: How to create a pickup report.
How to request an incidental pickup
- Before you can request a pickup through the panel, you must first enter a pickup address in your Sendcloud address settings. To do this go to Settings > Addresses > Pickup Address > Create New and enter the details for the location where your parcels are available for collection.
Important: please note that your pickup address must match the sender address as shown on your shipping label(s).
- Click on Pickups at the top of the panel and select Request a pickup. You can only request a pickup for parcels for which you have already created and printed a shipping label.
- Select your pickup address and your desired carrier. Depending on the carrier, you can select a time slot in addition to a date for your parcels to be collected.
Your shipping volume may determine if you meet the requirements for a parcel pickup. Please note that available times can vary and are subjected to the availability of the local office.
The carriers listed below are the ones which are currently available for creating incidental pickups. For unlisted carriers, we can arrange a recurring pickup on your behalf.
- Minimum 1 parcel per pickup
- We recommend requesting a pickup at least 1 working day in advance
Fixed or Recurring Pickups
You can request a fixed pickup on a specific day per week, multiple times per week, or even daily pickups depending on your needs.
To arrange a fixed pickup if you do not have a direct contract with a shipping carrier, please contact our Customer Service department and allow at least 5-10 working days of processing time between the time of request and the first requested collection day.
Drop-offs at a Service Point
If you don't want to schedule a pickup, you can also drop your parcels off at a service location to be collected and delivered by the carrier. You must have created and printed your shipping labels before dropping your parcels off at your chosen location.
Please ensure you are familiar with the shipping conditions of your carrier and have identified an available service point using the locators below:
Please keep in mind that non-compliance with the aforementioned conditions may result in the carrier levying a surcharge, which will be reflected in your upcoming invoices. When shipping with any carrier you automatically accept their terms and conditions. If you schedule a pickup directly with the driver or local office, Sendcloud is NOT responsible for any incidents incurred, including failed pickups and lost/damaged or delayed parcels.